Skip to main content
Topic: Brake and other Issues (Read 481 times) previous topic - next topic

Brake and other Issues

Yahoo Message Number: 6368
Thanks guys we are going to try and get out of here in the AM and I have an appointment on Thursday in Waco, Tx to fix the brake alarm I hope. I am sure with the cab lights on the coach we can figure it out when I get there with Ron and the other gerus. Thanks again. Dane

Re: Brake and other Issues

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 6369
Dane
When mine starts chiming, I was told that it was one of the ABS sensors, and to stop it, lightly step on the brakes while making a turn. Has always worked for me. Mine seems to do it during wet weather and after the MH has been sitting for a while.
Will not hurt to try that when you pull out in the morning to see if it quits.
Have a good trip and enjoy the rally.
Lee Manning

Re: Brake and other Issues

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 6370

When ours was doing it, the motor that you hear when pressing on the brakes was not turning on, no brake lights, and the cruise control didn't work. Replacing the brake switch fixed all the above and stopped the brake warning.

If you can Dane - Try to change brake switch yourself...It's attached to the brake pedal
and if I remember correctly you don't need any tools to take it off. There is a metal washer looking clip that you pop off...Along with the wire plug that needs to be un-clipped.