Skip to main content
Topic: Another Question (Read 408 times) previous topic - next topic

Another Question

Yahoo Message Number: 7464
Okay, I have another question. On the Kitchen Slide there is a narrow cabinet next to the sink. Every time the slide moves in or out the cabinet moves up and down substantially. By this I estimate a good half inch. There was some trim between the cabinet and the overhead cabinet which also ran down the wall. This was attached with 3 nails. The trim piece has come loose and fallen out. Where the narrow cabinet is attached to the counter top there was caulking. This caulking has pulled away from the cabinet. It is not a large gap but not one I want water to get into and it is located within 6" of the sink. Has any one else experienced this. The movement occures at the beginning and the end of the slide cycle when the slide is picking up and setting down. Would love to hear your thoughts and solutions. Thanks.

Gail
09 Jayco Seneca HD 35GS
11 Jeep Wrangler

Re: Another Question

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 7468
We've had a little separation behind the stove when we being the slide in but nothing by the sink. The reason you get the movement is there is nothing supporting the slide floor when it comes in over the linoleum. The couch area rides on the carpet which is about 3/8-1/2 in higher.
Dave Sparke

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2011 3:04 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Another Question

Okay, I have another question. On the Kitchen Slide there is a narrow cabinet next to the sink. Every time the slide moves in or out the cabinet moves up and down substantially. By this I estimate a good half inch. There was some trim between the cabinet and the overhead cabinet which also ran down the wall. This was attached with 3 nails. The trim piece has come loose and fallen out. Where the narrow cabinet is attached to the counter top there was caulking. This caulking has pulled away from the cabinet. It is not a large gap but not one I want water to get into and it is located within 6" of the sink. Has any one else experienced this. The movement occures at the beginning and the end of the slide cycle when the slide is picking up and setting down. Would love to hear your thoughts and solutions. Thanks.

Gail
09 Jayco Seneca HD 35GS
11 Jeep Wrangler

Another Question

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 13288
My third RV but first time I've had this problem. From searching online it appears to be a very common problem. Had the B&B 571 check valve come apart on my black tank flush and spray water all over a cabinet. Seems folks are replacing them with a metal valve as the plastic ones are continually failing. Anyone find a good source or do I just order online? Appears the Cash Acme Type V101 is the replacement.

Never had any problems on my other units...

Thanks,