Skip to main content
Topic: 50 Amp. Cord to 30Amp Cord (Read 510 times) previous topic - next topic

50 Amp. Cord to 30Amp Cord

Yahoo Message Number: 9858
Jayco Seneca 35GS is currently powered by a HEAVY 50amp. electrical service cord. 95% of all RV parks that I have stayed at lately only have 30amp. service. In lieu of handleing a heavy 50amp.cord I would like to purchase a 30amp cord with molded plug end and then install a 50amp. Marineco recpt. on the other end. Where would be a good place to purchase this 50amp.twist lock recpt? I am aware that I will lose the ability to run both A/C's concurrently. Has anyone done this?

Re: 50 Amp. Cord to 30Amp Cord

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 9859
Go to delcity.com they sell a marinco 50 amp to 30 amp cord set that is 25 feet long. I just got one a few weeks ago. Lot easier than making one

http://m.delcity.net/store/25ft-30A-Male-!-50A-Female/p_801196

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

RussH  wrote:

Jayco Seneca 35GS is currently powered by a HEAVY 50amp. electrical service cord. 95% of all RV parks that I have stayed at lately only have 30amp. service. In lieu of handleing a heavy 50amp.cord I would like to purchase a 30amp cord with molded plug end and then install a 50amp. Marineco recpt. on the other end. Where would be a good place to purchase this 50amp.twist lock recpt? I am aware that I will lose the ability to run both A/C's concurrently. Has anyone done this?

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 9861
I bought a ready made 25 feet very reasonable, it is a camco yellow, can not remember where although it was on line, do a search and you will find it.
It has been great, I also use it to keep MH plugged at home all the time.

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 9862
Sorry it was marinco not camco like I stated before.
Same one

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

Sender: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 20:53:48 -0500
To:
ReplyTo: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] 50 Amp. Cord to 30Amp Cord

Go to delcity.com they sell a marinco 50 amp to 30 amp cord set that is 25 feet long. I just got one a few weeks ago. Lot easier than making one

http://m.delcity.net/store/25ft-30A-Male-!-50A-Female/p_801196

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

RussH  wrote: