Skip to main content
Topic: Help with Jayco 32SS leak. (Read 493 times) previous topic - next topic

Help with Jayco 32SS leak.

Yahoo Message Number: 2469
I check my MH pretty well after every rain with a real strong spot light. The only problen i have had (yet) is around the Microwave. On several occasions I have had water run down the wall from behind the Microwave and onto the the counter top right behind the stove top. I thought it might be coming from the Microwave vent outside, but it is closed and locked. The water does not make it to the floor and does not appear to get behind the wall. It all runs down the wall from the area behind the metal filter and straight down to the counter top. I will have to say that it is usually happens after a heavy rain with a pretty good wind. No signs of water in the cabinet above the Microwave or below it on the back wall or floor area under drawers. Any ideas?

PS...we are not talking about large amounts, but enough to soak a small towel after a hard rain.

Mike Furr

Re: Help with Jayco 32SS leak.

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 2470
Could leak be from top of outside vent cover? May need to be removed and sealed with new caulk.

Re: Help with Jayco 32SS leak.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 2472
, "Mike"  wrote:
I check my MH pretty well after every rain with a real strong spot light. The only problen i have had (yet) is around the Microwave. On several occasions I have had water run down the wall from behind the Microwave and onto the the counter top right behind the stove top. I thought it might be coming from the Microwave vent outside, but it is closed and locked. The water does not make it to the floor and does not appear to get behind the wall. It all runs down the wall from the area behind the metal filter and straight down to the counter top. I will have to say that it is usually happens after a heavy rain with a pretty good wind. No signs of water in the cabinet above the Microwave or below it on the back wall or floor area under drawers. Any ideas?

PS...we are not talking about large amounts, but enough to soak a small towel after a hard rain.

Mike Furr

I had the same problem with my 32SS. The leak was coming from the vent cover. We just took the cover off and resealed and it hasn't leaked again.