Skip to main content
Topic: Long lasting coach batteries? (Read 1386 times) previous topic - next topic

Long lasting coach batteries?

Yahoo Message Number: 16486
What does everyone use for long lasting, cost effective coach batteries? Thanks for your input, Dave

Re: Long lasting coach batteries?

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 16487
The 4 coach batteries I had in my MH all came from Costco. Chassis batteries came from TSC. How long they last depends a lot on how they are kept charged. 3 and 4 stage converters seem to work the best. If you have a PD 6100 series converter does it have the Charge Wizard? The PD 6100 needs the Charge Wizard. Otherwise it is a constant 13.6 volts.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 16488
Just to clarify. My MH had 6 batteries. 4 for coach and 2 for chassis.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 16489
I just replaced my coach batteries. They had performed well since 2009. They just decided to retire. They were Kirkland which I believe are Interstates. I put Interstates back in.

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 16491
The original Coach batteries (don't recall the name) lasted a long time. I replaced them with Interstates. I did not have good luck with them, had to replace after just a few years. Currently running Trojans, seem to be good so far (knock on wood), going about 3 years.

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 16493
Dave,
We have a 2007 Seneca. The compartment for the two 12v coach batteries is the last one on the passenger side of the MH. It's behind the drive wheels and it really got corroded from battery acid fumes with the lead acid Iinterstate batteries that the previous owner had installed. Got sick of cleaning/reconditioning that area and found Lifeline batteries.

http://lifelinebatteries.com/

As you probably know these are AGM batteries (Absorbed Glass Mat). No liquid to splash around and little lead acid vapor. The battery compartment gets cleaned once a year now!

These are pretty pricey. We live in the Northeast and our MH gets stored for 5-6 months every year. The coach batteries come out and are on a Battery Minder for the time the MH is in storage.

Good luck with your search!

Bobby

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 16494
I too have a 2006 Seneca, but I live in S. Calif, home of Lifeline batteries. I had Kirkland lead acid that served me well, but the battery compartment was a constant mess. One day I drove over to Lifeline and talked to one of the V.P's who happened to have a Seneca on a Freightliner. He extended to me a DEAL I could not refuse. The Lifelines are doing just fine with Progressive Dynamics converter and Charge Wizard.

On Tuesday, February 27, 2018 8:03 AM, "'Bob Ristau' bristau1@... [SuperCrvgroup]"  wrote:

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 16495
I followed Russ - and went to Lifeline AGM, and could not be happier.

No muss, no fuss, great capacity.

I now use them for all my Ham stuff as well.

Best
Kevin (Real) McCoy [@KF5FUZ]
("Roscoe Ventura" Jayco Seneca HD SS 34 Diesel 2006;
"Toad" Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2007)

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 16496
I put interstates in the coach and truck a few years ago. Flawless so far..

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 16497
Thanks Bobby - my interstate batteries did the same thing, but it may be do being overcharged as Ron pointed out. They gave off so much gas that it blew the cap off of one of the batteries.....

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 16498
You guys using lifeline for coach batteries are you using 6 or 12 volt. I'm not so sure 6 volt is that much better. I've always used 6volt Trojans . I'm wondering if they are really a benefit or not over 12 volt

Larry Payne  ⛳

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 16499
If you get true 12 volt deep cycle they may be better than 6 volt.
If you do not have a charge wizard Dave. I have one.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 16500
I keep hearing about a charge wizard. I use a Deltran "Battery Tender" brand two bank unit. on my motorhome. Is there a drawback to these or is there something better?

Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 16501
Hey Ron - I don't know, but 20 years ago when I heard about deep cycle 6 volt that they were better , did they have deep cycle 12 volt?

Larry Payne  ⛳

Reply #16
Yahoo Message Number: 16502
I had Deka in my coach when I got it. They lasted a long time. When the died, I went back to Deka batteries. Still going strong.

Ted Marriner

Reply #17
Yahoo Message Number: 16503
Just bought new batteries for the house... 4, 6 volts by Deca.. After much research decided on the Deca's and paid $100 each due to a connection I have to a distributor. Batteries Plus Bulbs sells the same Deca batteries under the Duracell name for $129 each if ordered online for store pickup. The Interstates I previously had installed were OK but had neared the end of their useful life after 4 years.. That's all I know about that! 😊

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

Reply #19
Yahoo Message Number: 16505
I do not remember true 12 volt deep cycle 20 years ago either. Today they are available. Sams Clubs sells them. Along with most Golf Cart suppliers. My Golf Cart has 6, 8 volt batteries for a 48 volt carts. Today they are 4 12 volt batteries.
Best
Ron Hall