Skip to main content
Topic: Fiberglass Roof Repair (Read 1530 times) previous topic - next topic

Fiberglass Roof Repair

Yahoo Message Number: 16523
Good Morning, All-

I own a 2005 Gulfstream Endura 3640 which recently sustained roof damage from a falling tree. The local repair facility would like to replace the entire roof as it is a one piece seamless fiberglass roof. Unfortunately the repair shop is having difficulty finding the same material that is currently used. Does anyone have experience with roof replacement or can your direct me to where I can get information on this process. Any information would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks, Vern

Re: Fiberglass Roof Repair

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 16524
I would question the ability of a repair shop that cannot find material to repair the roof with new material. Where are you located. Someone may have recommendations for your area.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 16525
I live in Southern Maryland. I am using Affordable RV Repair in King George Va. I have used them before and they have provided great service. They have located a smooth fiberglass material however my Endura has a textured finish. I would prefer to have the same material used for the new install. I would appreciate it if anyone can recommend another repair location.

Regards, Vern

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 16526
Have you tried to contact Gulf Stream?
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 16527
Don't bother calling gulfstream I have called them a couple times for information and OEM questions on my endura. They say they no longer sell those rvs and do not support them. One guy had no idea they ever sold super c's. Quote from one guy "we only sell trailers, although we just started building small class C recently"

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 16528
While I liked the textured roof on my Endura. It gave good traction when I climbed up there. I was not happy with how much dirt it held in the dimples. Making it hard to keep clean. Maybe it's time to consider the smoother surface as a good upgrade.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 16529
The "old" Gulfsteam went out of business, the new company has no connection to the old Gulfstream other than in name. If I recall, some of the old Gulfstream management formed Nexus RV.

My 2014 Jayco Seneca has the textured fiberglass roof but I don't know who made it. Maybe an inquiry to Jayco could reveal a supplier.

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 16530
Looks like I lost a post when I phone call came in.
While I liked the textured surface of my Endura. It was good for walking on without slipping. I did not like the dirt the dimples held.
Maybe it time to consider getting the smooth surface roof a good upgrade. Just be careful when climbing up there.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 16532
All except 1… my 05 Jayco Seneca HD 35GS has the smooth fiberglass roof material.  Billy  From: SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com <SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Monday, March 12, 2018 6:41 PMTo: SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.comSubject: Re: [SuperCrvgroup] Re: Fiberglass Roof Repair    All the Seneca's had the textured roof material.  -------- Original message --------From: "Robert Ross robbbyr@... [SuperCrvgroup]" <SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com> Date: 3/12/18 17:43 (GMT-05:00) To: SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com Subject: Re: [SuperCrvgroup] Re: Fiberglass Roof Repair     The "old" Gulfsteam went out of business, the new company has no connection to the old Gulfstream other than in name. If I recall, some of the old Gulfstream management formed Nexus RV.  My 2014 Jayco Seneca has the textured fiberglass roof but I don't know who made it. Maybe an inquiry to Jayco could reveal a supplier.  -------- Original message --------From: "Chris cyclechris1979@... [SuperCrvgroup]" <SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com> Date: 3/12/18 5:25 PM (GMT-05:00) To: SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com Subject: Re: [SuperCrvgroup] Re: Fiberglass Roof Repair     Don’t bother calling gulfstream I have called them a couple times for information and OEM questions on my endura. They say they no longer sell those rvs and do not support them. One guy had no idea they ever sold super c’s. Quote from one guy “we only sell trailers, although we just started building small class C recently”Sent from my iPhoneOn Mar 12, 2018, at 12:14 PM, ronjhall@... [SuperCrvgroup] <SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com> wrote:   Have you tried to contact Gulf Stream?BestRon Hall

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 16533
Good Morning, All-

I contacted Gulfstream and I was told they "stopped making those units in 2010 and no longer support them". If the smooth fiberglass is available and is as durable and easier to clean maybe it is time for an upgrade as Ron stated. Bill, do you like the smooth roof?

Thoughts?

Thanks, Vern

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 16534
I know your not close to the Midwest but I have had experience with a Super C( Jayco Seneca) body work at the Body Shop Jayco Corp sends it Motorhomes out to for body work. The Body Shop S&S also does work for all makes motorhomes. The head of the body shop is Mark. Not sure if he would be willing to give you roof information or not but he personally told me they have completely replaced once piece fiberglass roofs that had been tore off from passing under a too low rail road overpass.

Good Luck

Larry

S&S Automotive Restoration & Collision, LLC

Restoration and Collision Repair574-862-7924

Contact us today!
66485 SR 19 Wakarusa, IN
Monday - Friday (8AM - 5PM)

S&S body shop is dedicated to customer satisfaction. We are an automotive and RV repair facility located in Wakarusa, Indiana just miles outside of Elkhart-the RV capital of the world. Our 12,000 sq ft facility is set-up with multiple service bays and a brand new down draft 60 ft paint booth. Our staff is very courteous and knowledgeable. They are always have to answer any questions you may have. At S & S Automotive, we pride ourselves in getting things right the first time.

Customers are able to relax in our lounge wiIMG_0641th comfortable couches, free Wifi, coffee, water, snacks, and windows into the service able providing a nice view of your RV's progress.
IMG_0642
If you wish to stay at our facility 50 amp electrical and water hook-ups are available in very accesIMG_0643sible locaIMG_0645tions.

"We work with ALL insurance companies so you don't have too!"
SERVICES
  • Warranty, insurance and retail repairs.
  • Collision repairs
  • Paint repairs
  • Fiberglass repairs.
  • Body repairs.
  • Complete exterior detailing.
  • Powerwashing
  • Glass Replacement
  • Gel Coat Repair
  • Sidewall Replacements
  • Cap Replacements
IMG_0634IMG_0629IMG_0640IMG_0632IMG_0630IMG_0647

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.   

← Previous

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 16536
I like my smooth roof. Easy to clean with just plain soap... I never waxed and not too slippery with boatshoes. Did have one crack near the ladder, just calked.

Billy

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 16537
I've got a 08, with the membrane roof, and love it.
V/R
William Lehman

Reply #16
Yahoo Message Number: 16541
Vern,

I don't know if it's filon or not, don't know what filon is. Searched web but it mostly talks RV sidewalls for filon. Looked at the brochure fpr my MH and all it says is "one piece fiberglass roof".

Billy

Reply #17
Yahoo Message Number: 16542
Billy,

Filon is what the Gulfstream rep told me they use on their new motorhomes. I am not exactly sure what it is.

Thanks,

Vern

Reply #18
Yahoo Message Number: 16543
William,

Thanks for your recommendation...I will keep the membrane roof as an option.

Thanks,

Vern