Skip to main content
Topic: Oil Pressure (Read 435 times) previous topic - next topic

Oil Pressure

Yahoo Message Number: 6445
I'm curious, when you guys first start your RV, duramax 6.6, what is you gauge reading and when your RV is warmed up, what is your gauge reading.

Mine reads almost at 80 when first turned on and around 40-45 when driving and about 20 when idling after been driving for a while.

I just changed my engine oil with synthetic, I had synthetic previous, placed 16 quarts and these are my readings.

Is this what you guys have on your RV?

Re: Oil Pressure

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 6446
Tim,

Mine runs very high until I drive a bit. I'm running just regular oil. I was curious about that also.

Keith

To: "KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com"
Sent: Sat, February 19, 2011 5:02:25 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Oil Pressure

I'm curious, when you guys first start your RV, duramax 6.6, what is you gauge reading and when your RV is warmed up, what is your gauge reading.

Mine reads almost at 80 when first turned on and around 40-45 when driving and about 20 when idling after been driving for a while.

I just changed my engine oil with synthetic, I had synthetic previous, placed 16 quarts and these are my readings.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 6447
Mine does the same thing and I know someone's else does the same as well. I used to worry about but no more.
Mo

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

Sender: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 17:07:08 -0800 (PST)
To:
ReplyTo: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Oil Pressure

Tim,

Mine runs very high until I drive a bit. I'm running just regular oil. I was curious about that also.

Keith

To: "KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com"
Sent: Sat, February 19, 2011 5:02:25 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Oil Pressure

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 6448
Very normal situation with the Dmax. Not to worry. If you put 16qts in you are overfull. Should be 15.

2006 Seneca 35GS Dmax. Ford Ranger toad.