Skip to main content
Topic: watch out (Read 392 times) previous topic - next topic

watch out

Yahoo Message Number: 6548
for bad marketing

Hi all,

I got really p.o. today.

I am a member of Good Sam, I noticed I get tons of renewal notices, as matter of fact I got one 2 months after my last renewal.
I have been getting them maybe every other week or so.
Well today I got one and tried to check on line when does it expire, guess what, could not find in anywhere, then I called them and they said July 31st 2011, and the excuse was they have full time members that need notice in advance because they do not know where they are.
Oh well, give me a brake, someone paying little less attention may go ahead and renew way before the expiration day and who knows maybe renew several times....

I told them this is bad marketing and not a service.

Coach net has never done that as far as I remember.

Watch out, just in case.

thanks
Mo

Re: watch out

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 6549
I think everything to do with that group follows this pattern. We are Good Sam and CampingWorld President Club members and they sure do start trying to get renewals early - very early.

I've always thought it was/is because the Affinity Group my be really short of cash. They surely have had cash flow problems with the big inventories they were caught with at their locations that sell RV's when the economy and RV market collapsed.

Don

Re: watch out

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 6550
The "one and only" year that I had a Good Sam Extended warranty the premium went up close to 400% the second year with no claims (of course I cancelled). If I were not a Life Member I wouldn't even consider any of their services anymore.

Dave Sparke