Skip to main content
Topic: 2013 SENECA News Flash (Read 483 times) previous topic - next topic

2013 SENECA News Flash

Yahoo Message Number: 9702
Just returned from our dealer after looking at 2013 SENECA. It is now being built on the bigger Freightliner Chassis as was used for the EMBARK (22.5 tires and all) It appears that the EMBARK is bye-bye. The EMBARK is no longer on the JAYCO website for 2013 as well. They are now producing 4 SENECA floor plans and have one very similar to the 35GS it is now a 37TS (triple slide).

Dave

Re: 2013 SENECA News Flash

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 9703
The new Seneca is built on the BABY Freightliner M2 chassis. 26,000# GVWR / 33,000# GCWR

The Embark was on the bigger Freightliner M2 Chassis 33,000# GVWR 53,000# GCWR

THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THESE TWO!!!

I really wish they made a shorter (like real 36') version of the Embark - its what I want in GVWR / GCWR for towing a trailer.

My Kodiak has the same towing capacity as the new Freightliner based Seneca......7,000#s But then again the old Kodiak based Senecas had about a 3,000# capacity.

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H Bunkhouse

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2012 9:26 AM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] 2013 SENECA News Flash

Just returned from our dealer after looking at 2013 SENECA. It is now being built on the bigger Freightliner Chassis as was used for the EMBARK (22.5 tires and all) It appears that the EMBARK is bye-bye. The EMBARK is no longer on the JAYCO website for 2013 as well. They are now producing 4 SENECA floor plans and have one very similar to the 35GS it is now a 37TS (triple slide).

Dave

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 9704
Just passed on what the dealer said. He said it was on the bigger chassis. I do know that the original Freightliner SENECA had 19.5 tires, this one has 22.5.  ??

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Victor Burns
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2012 12:56 PM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] 2013 SENECA News Flash

The new Seneca is built on the BABY Freightliner M2 chassis. 26,000# GVWR / 33,000# GCWR

I really wish they made a shorter (like real 36') version of the Embark - its what I want in GVWR / GCWR for towing a trailer.

My Kodiak has the same towing capacity as the new Freightliner based Seneca......7,000#s But then again the old Kodiak based Senecas had about a 3,000# capacity.

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM

center
To:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com

Dave

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 9705
Victor, kudo's

I just heard back from a "friend" at JAYCO and what they did was upgrade to22.5 tires and they also added air ride suspension on the rear. (that is not yet reflected in the specs)  He actually sent me the spec sheet and it is 25,500 and 33,000. The fellow at the dealership was incorrect.

Dave

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Victor Burns

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM

center

Dave

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 9706
Roger that!

I had already downloaded the brochure a few days before these emails started so I was on top of it as I am looking for a heavier duty coach - but prefer not longer than 36' and prefer more like 34'

That is why the Dynamax looks good s they make a 34' - but the big bunkhouse 39' Embark would be great for us, I dont want to miss out getting into some of the smaller camping spots.

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM

Sent: Friday, August 24, 2012 5:04 PM
Subject: RE: [KodiakChassisClassC] 2013 SENECA News Flash

Victor, kudo's

I just heard back from a "friend" at JAYCO and what they did was upgrade to22.5 tires and they also added air ride suspension on the rear. (that is not yet reflected in the specs) He actually sent me the spec sheet and it is 25,500 and 33,000. The fellow at the dealership was incorrect.

Dave

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM

center

Dave

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 9707
But unfortunately the EMBARK is dead!!! That was part of my conversation with JAYCO as well.

Sent: Friday, August 24, 2012 8:12 PM

Roger that!

I had already downloaded the brochure a few days before these emails started so I was on top of it as I am looking for a heavier duty coach - but prefer not longer than 36' and prefer more like 34'

That is why the Dynamax looks good s they make a 34' - but the big bunkhouse 39' Embark would be great for us, I dont want to miss out getting into some of the smaller camping spots.

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM

center

Victor, kudo's

I just heard back from a "friend" at JAYCO and what they did was upgrade to22.5 tires and they also added air ride suspension on the rear. (that is not yet reflected in the specs) He actually sent me the spec sheet and it is 25,500 and 33,000. The fellow at the dealership was incorrect.

Dave

From:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Victor Burns

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM

center

Dave

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 9708
There are plenty of 2011 and 2012 ones around and might snag one? ;-) Even though its bigger than I really want.

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H Bunkhouse [Embark coming?]

Sent: Friday, August 24, 2012 5:49 PM

But unfortunately the EMBARK is dead!!! That was part of my conversation with JAYCO as well.

Sent: Friday, August 24, 2012 8:12 PM

Roger that!

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM

center

Victor, kudo's

Dave

From:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Victor Burns

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM

center

Dave

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 9709
Love the Seneca but unfortunately we are having to give ours up. I can no longer drive much over an hour without lost of use of hands due to diabetic issues and my wife found out this week her pain is from severe Osteopenia and she doesn't need to be driving long periods. Golden years!!

Sender: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 17:11:37 -0700 (PDT)
ReplyTo: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com

Roger that!

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM

Victor, kudo's

Dave

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM

center

Dave

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 9710
Tried to reply to this thread yesterday. Got nothing but errors. I someone already replied with the same info. Yahoo claims it was my IP or my computer. Not!. Looks like things are working now.
Best
Ron Hall