Skip to main content
Topic: FUEL FILTER WARNING LIGHT (Read 797 times) previous topic - next topic

FUEL FILTER WARNING LIGHT

Yahoo Message Number: 2297

Hi Everybody....

I changed the fuel filter myself a while back, and guess thought the fuel filter warning light would go off when the filter was changed. Well, the light is still on months later, and I do not know how to get it to turn off.

Any ideas?? thanks,

Denny

PS... concerning the lube question, I have lubed most of my coaches when I discovered the lube shops do not always do what they "say" they have done... no problems, I use an air lube gun and it works great. air pressure should be around 30-35 lbs...

Worried about job security? Check out the 5 safest jobs in a recession.

Re: FUEL FILTER WARNING LIGHT

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 2298

Hey Denny,

I remember doing a search about changing the fuel filter, and one of the diesel forum sites had how to extenguish it.....sorry I don't remember which one, but a search might find it.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 2300
I check my owners manual. There is no reset for the water in fuel light except to replace the filter. Maybe you still have a small amount of water setting in bottom of filter or the sensor is bad. Is the connector hooked up to filter.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 2301

Yeh, the connector is hooked up.... guess I'll remove the filter and reinstall it. Thanks.

Denny

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 2302

I found this off a diesel forum, doesn't know if it works but you can try.
Roger

Without pressing the pedals, turn the ignition key to the on position without starting the engine.
Wait five seconds.
Completely press the brake and the accelerator pedals simultaneously and hold for ten seconds. The system is now reset.
Turn the ignition key off.
The next time the engine is started, the message will no longer be displayed.

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 2303

I did a little more reading, and if it is the fuel filter life it can be reset, but the water in fuel cannot. I'm not sure what these lights/warnings are, as I've never seen them on my '06 LLY. I haven't referenced the owners manual though.
Roger

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 2304

I checked my owners manual, and it appear I only have a water in fuel warning light. I do not see any fuel filter change light.......are we talking the same lights? or do you have a different setup than me. I have the LLY 6.6L engine.
Roger

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 2305
I did some more looking in my 2004-5 service manual. It does not show a fuel filter warning light.
I posted a view of the instrument panel in my photo's.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KodiakChassisClassC/photos/album/427332225/pic/1783221315/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=21&count=20&dir=asc
Is the indicator that you are seeing in the picture?

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 2306

Ron,

I don't see it in the drawing, and I don't have access to the coach for another week...will send a pic when I can.

Denny