Skip to main content
Topic: Seneca 2008 GS 35 (Read 755 times) previous topic - next topic

Seneca 2008 GS 35

Yahoo Message Number: 15497
Having trouble getting speed up and pulling on incline. 68 MPhil and that's it on flat interstate.....then it jumps into whine gear for a minute or so line trying to pull steep grade. Going up actual grades will bog down to 40. This thing will run 90 on a dime and never notice a hill when running correctly. Started this last year and I changed the fuel filter that is located behind the front wheel, more or less, this fixed it last year. This time stopped by a Chevy dealer and had them change it and bleed the system. Travel great for 60 miles, some upgrades but a lot of down hill on state hwys. Coming back home on steep inclines did fine. When I made interstate, yep, 68 MPhil was back along with the sudden pluse engine whining. Haven't added any Seafoam to fuel yet but not sure about doing that. Before I drive off for a 1000$ engine check does anyone have suggestion or had this problem. Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A

Re: Fwd: Seneca 2008 GS 35

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 15498
It's sounds like fuel to me I'm pretty sure I remember a plug in the bottom of fuel tank. If you total drained the tank, added ur additive with another new fuel filter. That a test I would do. Hope this helps

Larry Payne  ⛳

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 15500
Thanks Larry. I was hoping someone had encountered this problem and I could avoid dumping two hundred dollars of fuel and another hundred on parts😮on a test that might work😆. Sigh!

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 15501
Kennedy Diesel has an in line fuel pump that keeps a positive pressure to the CP3 main fuel pump that you might consider. Some super Cs, because of the distance between tank and engine can under certain loads, experience low fuel pressure and a drivability problem. Another problem would be the exhaust system that at some point injects fuel to clear the converter. It could be diverting to much fuel causing low fuel delivery to the engine but not enough to cause a check engine light to eliminate. Just my thoughts.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 15502
I had the pump fail on my 2005 motor so I installed an Airdog lift pump. Not sure of any difference it made in performance but in my research I did find out that when the pressure is lowered on diesel fuel it can cause bubbles in the fuel which is not good for the pump nor performance of the motor.
The pump is located as far back on the fuel line and as close to the tank as possible.

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 15503
Thanks Lynn. I plan on calling Jayco and see what they say. Local mechanic says there's something that can be added to the fuel to clean it up so maybe Jayco will know more.

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 15504

Best bet is to call McCormick Motors in Nappanee, IN they supplied 100% of the chassis to JAYCO.