Skip to main content
Topic: [KodiakChassisClassC] roadside assistance (Read 512 times) previous topic - next topic

[KodiakChassisClassC] roadside assistance

Yahoo Message Number: 9186
AAA also has significant mileage restrictions.

Re: roadside assistance

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 9187
We used to have AAA and had a breakdown more than 100 miles from the nearest shop--cost us $1000! Lesson learned. My brother-in-law owns a towing company and suggest Good Sam....now we have it! Hope we never need it, but we have it!

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of rywheeler@...
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 2:56 PM
To: ronjhallsr; KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: roadside assistance

AAA also has significant mileage restrictions.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 9188
Cindi,

Your posts worries me as I have AAA Plus with the additional RV, motorcycle & trailer coverage. How much more than 100 miles were you? Towing good for up to 100 miles for the RV if you have the additional RV coverage. Did you have the additional RV towing coverage with AAA at the time of your breakdown?

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 9191
Our experience with AAA was just as bad, they could not find anybody to change a tire in the Indianapolis Area as well as Peoria, IL and that was on an E-450 chassis.

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of winkvzn
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 9:59 PM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: roadside assistance

Cindi,

Your posts worries me as I have AAA Plus with the additional RV, motorcycle & trailer coverage. How much more than 100 miles were you? Towing good for up to 100 miles for the RV if you have the additional RV coverage. Did you have the additional RV towing coverage with AAA at the time of your breakdown?

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 9192
When I inquired into AAA I was told that they would not change an inside dual stating safety reasons. I went with Good Sam.

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 9193
I have both, each has its advantages. It is cheap insurance considering the alternatives.

If I need RV help or repairs, Good Sam is the best. If I want to direct where it is towed for repairs (within 100 miles), AAA is great, with Good Sam as backup.

I once had my Class A towed 93 miles to the Freightliner dealer in St. Louis. They had the part I needed on hand and I was on my way the next morning.

Good Sam wanted to tow me to a garage in Stratford, MO where I would have waited at least 36 hours for the part to be shipped in before repairs could commence.

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 9195
now we just had a blowout on the inside of the duelly and they not only changed it but checked the other tire and the spaire to insure that everything was ok...Great experience.
Morrigan

Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 09:32:05 -0400
Subject: RE: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: roadside assistance

Our experience with AAA was just as bad, they could not find anybody to change a tire in the Indianapolis Area as well as Peoria, IL and that was on an E-450 chassis.

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of winkvzn
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 9:59 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: roadside assistance

Cindi,