Skip to main content
Topic: Seneca owners with full entertainment center (Read 668 times) previous topic - next topic

Seneca owners with full entertainment center

Yahoo Message Number: 5305
I am looking at a used Seneca with a full entertainment center over the cab. Anyone out there with a similar Seneca? I need someone to take a look behind the cabinets too see how extensive it would be to convert it to a bed. I need the sleeping space more than the entertainment center. I know the tv cables come out of the ceiling. I think I can cover them with something. I am more concerned with screw holes and wall coverings. I would save all the pieces for a reinstall when I don't need the bed anymore.

Re: Seneca owners with full entertainment center

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 5306
The single pull out bed is not enough? Not sure you could pull it out and be able to re install.

Keith
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

Sender: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 03:08:05 -0000
To:
ReplyTo: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Seneca owners with full entertainment center

I am looking at a used Seneca with a full entertainment center over the cab. Anyone out there with a similar Seneca? I need someone to take a look behind the cabinets too see how extensive it would be to convert it to a bed. I need the sleeping space more than the entertainment center. I know the tv cables come out of the ceiling. I think I can cover them with something. I am more concerned with screw holes and wall coverings. I would save all the pieces for a reinstall when I don't need the bed anymore.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 5307
No pull out bed. Full cabover entertainment center.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 5308
Eric - - - I think that would be a huge job, with numerous problems. That area, behind the TV and in the walls, has plenty of wires, 12V, 120V and TV. My Seneca already sleeps 4. To sleep 2 more, I would use an air mattress on the floor. If you have one of the older tube-style TVs up front, you could take it out and replace with an LCD or LED TV and use the area behind it to store the additional bedding.

George

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 5312
Eric you can buy a brand new one for around 90K so shop very carefully. Dane

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 5314
, "daneg"  wrote:
Eric you can buy a brand new one for around 90K so shop very carefully. Dane

, "Eric"  wrote:

interesting this thread started out saying a 2008 was for sale for $85,000.00 now we read a new one can be had for $90,000.00.

someone's wrong.

don

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 5315
interesting this thread started out saying a 2008 was for sale for $85,000.00 now we read a new one can be had for $90,000.00.

someone's wrong.

don

I agree that finding a new Seneca for $90k is difficult. I believe Dane posted that info on another forum. I ran down that lead and it was for a new 08 that had already sold. Getting 2010 for $90k is about impossible at this time IMHO.

Eric

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 5317
Guys I never lie except for finding Mexican eating establishments Thre of us went to the dealer in Middlebury and the price we were given was 100K asking for a 2010 and that was asking so 90K would buy that unit loaded! Believe Russ and Gary were with me! Dane  wrote:

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 5324
Yep that's what they said as we were there getting part for Russ

daneg wrote:

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 5328
Reminds me of a discussion I had with a dealer when we were buying our first new MH. I expressed surprise at the high markups compared with the auto biz. He said high markups were necessary solely to allow dealers to give customers what appears to them to be a "good value" for their trade ins. While it surprised me as a newbie (we bought a used unit one year earlier) I have since found the rapid depreciation rate almost makes this a necessity.

Don