Skip to main content
Topic: 2006 Seneca HG 33ss 1 slide Questions (Read 512 times) previous topic - next topic

2006 Seneca HG 33ss 1 slide Questions

Yahoo Message Number: 6453
We are looking at the above motorhome but not sure about the towing and MPG on the gas powered Kodiak. We have a Jeep wrangler 4dr for towing. We are currently in a TT and excited about ungrading. Mostly for our teens who are 6'4" and 6'2". Any information would be greatly appreciated. We are test driving in the am. Thanks

Re: 2006 Seneca HG 33ss 1 slide Questions

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 6454
Here are a couple of responses from a previous thread:
In case nobody has a chance to post before your AM test ride, here are some responses from a previous thread. I have a diesel so I can't help much with your question.
Greg
MN

Greg Gimlick said:
Like Don, I'm a lowly gasser :-) My Greyhawk 32SS with 8.4L gas and 6
spd Allison averages 7 - 7.5 mpg towing a 4000 lb Vue at 60 mph. If I
drop back to 55 I can bump it up to 8. Not towing gains me about 1 mpg
Don Leslie said:
My former Jayco Greyhawk Gasser - towing a 2007 Tahoe averaged about 7.6 MPG. When not towing and travelling at a steady 55 MPH it would get over 8 but once the speed increased it would be back under 8.
Rob said:
We have a 2008 34' Fourwinds with the 8.1 Gas engine. Towing either our Jeep Wrangler or 18' ski boat we get about 7.1 mpg, otherwise we get between 7.8 and 8.5 mpg depending on speed. For the most part we are happy with the gas engine, however I would not mind a little more torque when towing up steep grades, and the exhaust brake when descending steep grades. Keep in mind the extra cost for diesel fuel and the higher cost of oil changes, etc. As far as registration, we too are in California and continued to get slammed with excessive fees. Last year we paid about $980.

Take Care,
Rob
Ed Beakley said:

We have a 2007 Jayco GreyHawk 33DS with the 8.1 gas engine. We are satisified with the gas engine. We tow a GMC Envoy (4600 lbs.) an usually average 7.5 mpg. When not towing we average about 8.2 mpg. We usually do not exceed 62 mph and use the cruise control whenever possible. . As far as registration, in Pennsylvania we pay 6% sales tax when the vehicle is purchased (or on the difference when trading). Our annual registration fee is $83 per year.

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of billsoldschool
Sent: Sunday, February 20, 2011 9:59 PM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] 2006 Seneca HG 33ss 1 slide Questions

We are looking at the above motorhome but not sure about the towing and MPG on the gas powered Kodiak. We have a Jeep wrangler 4dr for towing. We are currently in a TT and excited about ungrading. Mostly for our teens who are 6'4" and 6'2". Any information would be greatly appreciated. We are test driving in the am. Thanks

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 6455
i have an 06 jayco super c ultra with 2 slides 8.1 allison with 14k on it. get about 7.5 with out towing anything. Myself coming from a 40ft dp 330hp cummings i was getting about 10 all the time, than dropped down to this and very disappointed in the mileage. With that being said i have done the thermostat 180 change remove the spark plugs and regapped them to increase spark curve and have sent the pcm out to have reprogrammed to have the fuel management turn off this should increase my hp by 30-60 hps thus this will increase my mileage by 2-3 mpg that should pick it up to 9-10 i hope. I will know this week if all this helped trip to the mountains to go skiing

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 6456
im sorry i put jayco it is a Gulfstream ultra super c. I was reading your jayco seneca email

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 6458
I have an 05 6316 Gulfstream Ultra on an 04 chassis with the 8.1. (single super slide unit with the huge storage compartment out back under the bedroom) The best mileage I've seen so far is 8.5, with the worst being around 7. We tow an open race car trailer that weighs about 5K loaded, totaling about 22K with all our gear, full fuel and propane, 1/4 tank water, and with or without the trailer is only about .5 to 1mpg difference. The power is better than I expected, and the fuel economy well... kinda is what it is. We are entering our 3rd season with our rig and are still thrilled with it. Great chassis, brakes, and towing capacity. I really don't even feel the trailer back there except when accelerating. Good luck with your search!

To: kodiakchassisclassc@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Mon, February 21, 2011 1:06:49 AM
Subject: RE: [KodiakChassisClassC] 2006 Seneca HG 33ss 1 slide Questions

im sorry i put jayco it is a Gulfstream ultra super c. I was reading your jayco seneca email

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 6590
We are 6 foot plus and chose the Dutchmen as its a lot taller inside but you lose some underneath storage...which I have found to be a problem...also my 34H bunkhouse is really 34 feet whereas the Senaca 36SS is 38' and longer than I wanted to own for access to certain state and fed parks where length is an issue. I have a diesel and it would pull your Jeep fine..I tow a 24'trailer with my offroad car etc. just great. the gasser would suck hind tit though and the exhaust brake is a must

Victor Burns

d lemon ccemb1@...> wrote:

(No subject)

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 6457
We have an'08 Seneca 26FS w/ a Duramax, and get 9-11 mpg consistently, towing a Toyota Yaris. I do have a Bully Dog performance enhancer on it.........Lew