Skip to main content
Topic: Replace Recliner Chair.Jayco 35GS (Read 430 times) previous topic - next topic

Replace Recliner Chair.Jayco 35GS

Yahoo Message Number: 6777
I have decided to replace my Flexsteel recliner with a Lambright recliner. Since my MH is currently in storage I was wondering what I might encounter when I remove existing Flexsteel and bolt in new Lambright. Bolt pattern is different. What will I encounter from underneath the MH, do I remove the underneath covering? Has anyone done this change-out. Chair position to remain the same. Welcome your suggestions and ideas..............russ

Replace Recliner Chair Jayco 35GS

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 6778
I have decided to replace my Flexsteel recliner with a Lambright recliner. MH is currently in storage yard, I was wondwering what I might encounter when I remove Flexsteel and bolt in Lambright. What will I encounter from underneath the MH. Will I have to remove the covering underneath? I'm sure bolt pattern is different. Has anyone done this change-out? Welcome ideas and suggestions....russ

Re: Replace Recliner Chair Jayco 35GS

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 6779
Attachments :

Russ,

Removal only: As I recall it was very simple. They had "X"ed the carpet & pad to hide the base. Then there were 4 bolts through the floor that ran into the underside. For my my coach that was easily accessible through a storage compartment. The bolt then had simple nuts and washers. We now use that area for Kennels, so cannot speak to the install.

Good Luck.

Kevin
    Kevin (Real) McCoy [KF5FUZ / WQJE447]
    ("Roscoe Ventura" Jayco Seneca HD SS 34 Diesel 2006; "Toad" Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2007)

Michelin MAN

Reply #3
    Yahoo Message Number: 6780
    I have seen that picture before.
    Russ's chair is in the slide. He will need to put slide in out position. On mine there were stove bolts all the way through slide floor to the outside. Take nuts off chair frame then drive the bolts down though chair base and floor. Remove old chair. Set new chair in place. I put my chair were a couch was mounted. It had seat belts. I used one seat belt to hold new chair in place. I have never bolted it to the floor. It stays in place. But we can move it easily to clean behind chair.
    Best
    Ron Hall

Reply #4
    Yahoo Message Number: 6840
    Ours had a small looking office chair. My wife moved it out to sit at the end
    of the dinette and bought a recliner at a local furniture store which looks like
    the orginial ones Jayco uses. It was easy to match our decor with black so the leather was no problem. The chair that was there was not bolted down. We did not bolt the recliner and it
    has not moved and we have a lot of curves and rough hiways here.

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
    Sent: Tue, April 12, 2011 1:20:11 AM
    Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Replace Recliner Chair Jayco 35GS

I have decided to replace my Flexsteel recliner with a Lambright recliner. MH is currently in storage yard, I was wondwering what I might encounter when I remove Flexsteel and bolt in Lambright. What will I encounter from underneath the MH. Will I have to remove the covering underneath? I'm sure bolt pattern is different. Has anyone done this change-out? Welcome ideas and suggestions....russ