Skip to main content
Topic: LED's ? (Read 438 times) previous topic - next topic

LED's ?

Yahoo Message Number: 6798
I've ordered (and received) SMD 10's (surface mount LED with 10 diodes, cool white) which I'll use in the storage compartments. Ordered from one of the links in Ron's recent post. Tried them inside the coach and they aren't as bright and much more blue (which I had expected from posts/online info). My question is if anyone has a 'preferred' choice for the inside ceiling LED's. I see that they come in as high as 28 diodes which I assume should give almost 3 times the light. I have not run across warm white LED's yet in the style that has diodes on all 5 sides.

Any clear 'best' choices yet for inside lights LED replacements?
Greg
MN

Re: LED's ?

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 6799
There is a lot of experience in the group. Here is a previous post where I tried to summarize my learning. My wife is all about warm white - so I have worked hard on that. Some suggestion here might help you. Also there have been posts on vehicle exterior lighting as well, so you might look for those posts. Also a few folks have done Fluorescent replacement, though I have elected not to do that.

Attached pdf.

Kevin

Re: LED's ? [1 Attachment]

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 6800

Kevin
Thanks for the summary in pdf format I recalled reading your posts and searched it out just last week, however now I have a quick reference on my hard drive. Way more convenient thanks
later brad

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 6801
I am curious why to even bother with the compartment lights. They are not on enough to even matter. I have not yet sourced adequate LEDs to replace the interior.
~
Victor Burns |
+1.760.672.8767 Mobile
+1.760.814.1801 Google Voice

Greg Thompson tehya.eva@...> wrote:

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 6802
I skipped the compartment lights as not worth it. I seldom use them and if so only momentarily.  But I think it is a personal choice depending on how often you forget to turn them off! ;-)

There is one compartment bulb I decided needed to remain old fashioned. I stuck with an old fashioned bulb when I replaced my utility compartment light this spring. Getting a little heat out of that bulb is worth it in cold weather.

So based on my needs I came to the same conclusion.

Kevin

Kevin (Real) McCoy [KF5FUZ / WQJE447]
("Roscoe Ventura" Jayco Seneca HD SS 34 Diesel 2006; "Toad" Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2007)

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 6803
I bought them with the intention of using in the interior, but for the $1.80 each, if they were not to my liking (or Sue's) then I would just use them in the storage compartments. Probably not necessary, but if I do leave a lower light on, it won't be as much of a drain. I do check my main by the door on occasion, so hopefully I wouldn't have a lower light on all night.
Never had compartment lights in the old Winnie, so probably only a matter of time before I forget and walk away with a light on. I'm SO spoiled now compared to the old rig we had back during my racing days.
Greg
Mn