Skip to main content
Topic: grey holding tank access (Read 439 times) previous topic - next topic

grey holding tank access

Yahoo Message Number: 10303
We own a 2006 Seneca 35 GS and have developed a leak in our grey tank, it happens when tank is close to full so assume it's leaking from vent connection. I called dealer and was told the black tank has to be removed to access grey tank. Even if I pull black tank there doesn't appear to be room for me to crawl into the space to access grey tank. This seems odd to me so I wanted to check with group for ideas or suggestions. Thanks in advance. Ed

Re: grey holding tank access

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 10304
The grey tank is over the rear axle. Lift the fender skirt(2 screws) on the driver's side and then you remove the sheet metal(about 10/12 screws) over the wheel. That will give you some access to the grey tank. I would also contact JAYCO directly for some guidance.

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of epw548
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2012 11:29 AM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] grey holding tank access

We own a 2006 Seneca 35 GS and have developed a leak in our grey tank, it happens when tank is close to full so assume it's leaking from vent connection. I called dealer and was told the black tank has to be removed to access grey tank. Even if I pull black tank there doesn't appear to be room for me to crawl into the space to access grey tank. This seems odd to me so I wanted to check with group for ideas or suggestions. Thanks in advance. Ed

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 10305
Dave is right. It's a dirty job. Not sure you can get that way. But you should be able to where problem is.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 10477
Not sure if this is too late or not, but I was just in MN and had to access underneath the rear axle. Dave is right, the grey tank is over the rear axle, however, on my 35GS, it was easier to access from the passenger side. The real PITA about getting there was the removal and re-installation of the metal wheel well covers. One thing that I found once I got in there is that there was absolutely NO insulation and the pipes to the kitchen sink were completely exposed. Prior to re-installing, I added a ton of insulation above the metal wheel wells, considering I do travel in colder climates.

Matt