Skip to main content
Topic: Help with Antenna, sound and DVD wiring in the Seneca (Read 391 times) previous topic - next topic

Help with Antenna, sound and DVD wiring in the Seneca

Yahoo Message Number: 7689
I am trying to get the antenna signal through to the bedroom, but there seems to be no signal coming through. Can anyone explain the 1000s of wires in the entertainment center and what goes through to where, which speakers have which sound and if there is any surround sound from the TV to any of the speakers. We replaced the old CRT TV with an LCD flat panel and some of the wiring might have been disconnected. It is all a big mystery.

Re: Help with Antenna, sound and DVD wiring in the Seneca

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 7690
Dee,

If I remember correctly the ant feed came off the front of the signal booster then went to a splitter behind the TV. One line from the splitter then went to the front TV and the other goes to the kitchen slide where there is another splitter one side connected to the outside entertainment center as well) before going to the back TV.

I reworked all mine since I added the new Winegard signal booster with the digital readout to optimize the off air signal. Why Jayco didn't come off the back of the signal booster to start with, I'll never understand.

There was also wiring from the TV to the surround sound so you could use those speakers for the TV. It was a set of phono plugs, red and white but ours came with a flat screen not a tube tv. The surround sound speakers are behind that black cloth at the top of the ent center, one on each side and one above the TV The other speakers are the ones above the couch in the slide out. The woofer is behind the kitchen sink cabinet At least that is how ours is set up.

Dave Sparke

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 7691
My Gulf Stream is wired the same way for the rear TV and outside entertainment box. That way I can send over the air signal or satellite to both places. There is a A-B switch in the circuit.
When I helped Russ with his TV. There was a A-B in the circuit also.

Dave, how do you like your Sensor Pro? I installed one in my entertainment center last week. Very impressed with how it works so far. This weekend I will be using it in a area where I will get to see how it works from a distance. Sure do like ease of using the signal strength meter.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 7692
We also tried to hook up a TV outside with the jack in the outside entertainment center. No signal at all.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 7693
So far so good. Not only do I like the signal meter, but I think is has a higher db gain.

I did not have any A-B switches anywhere..

Dave Sparke

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 7694
In my experiences with DirecTV and local broadcasts in many different RV's with VCRs, DVD players DVR's, outside antenna connections, roof top bat-wings, and satellite domes, I've had two instances where an A-B switch was attenuating the signal so much is was not usable. Took them out of the circuit and everything came on!