Skip to main content
Topic: Bedroom Slide problem (Read 498 times) previous topic - next topic

Bedroom Slide problem

Yahoo Message Number: 5475
While bringing in the rooms on my Seneca 35 GS this morning, the bedroom slide seemed to bind then stop about a foot from closed. It backed out to the open position, no problem. To get it closed, we brought it in while I pushed from the outside. The motor slowed and strained, but the room closed.

Has anyone had this problem with the bedroom slide? Any suggestions?

George

Re: Bedroom Slide problem

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 5476
I had a problem with my bedroom slide on my'06 Seneca 35GS this past April. The slide went out 6" and stopped. I did manage to bring it in with the motor. After that it would not move either in or out. The roller bearings failed and the RV shop had to replace the entire slide mechanism from Power Gear. My motor was OK. In fact I retained my old motor. It could be that your bearings have also failed and do not allow the motor to extend or retract the bedroom slide. Parts were $1,000 and labor $500.00. Not a warranty item either. Let me know if it's just the motor and we might be able to work a deal as I have a extra motor..........russ

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sat, September 18, 2010 5:13:15 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Bedroom Slide problem

While bringing in the rooms on my Seneca 35 GS this morning, the bedroom slide seemed to bind then stop about a foot from closed. It backed out to the open position, no problem. To get it closed, we brought it in while I pushed from the outside. The motor slowed and strained, but the room closed.

Has anyone had this problem with the bedroom slide? Any suggestions?

George

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 5477
Thanks Russ . . . I'm 3 weeks and 1500 miles from home. Hope I can nurse it along until then.

George

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 5478
Russ, I can recall this topic (along with the %$#^&* fridge doors) came up at our session with Jayco. I seem to remember that your problem was the plastic rollers wearing out and being replaced by metal rollers.

Is my memory working. I'm exhausted from spending the day closing the swimming pool and attached spa. Damn cold climates - really don't get enough time to use them given all the work they generate.

Don

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 5479
Mine failed when I was 1 week out and 1,000 miles from home. After the problem I did not try to open the slide again as it would not move in either direction. The wife crawled over my petite 250lb torso for that week. What a thrill.........................Good Luck

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sat, September 18, 2010 5:49:06 PM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Bedroom Slide problem

Thanks Russ . . . I'm 3 weeks and 1500 miles from home. Hope I can nurse it along until then.

George