Skip to main content
Topic: Radiator fan failure (Read 987 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Radiator fan failure

Reply #25
Yahoo Message Number: 9494
Not sure - its a whole different assembly. Mine is electric operated clutch from what i can tell. Mine failed too!!! BUT it failed in a mode where it did not spin anymore - at only 6,000 miles. Good news you really don't need the fan unless its really hot and you are driving slow climbing a steep hill and in my case I overheated following a big rig truck taking all my wind while I was towing my Jeep forcing me into the slow lanes.

Once I figured out the failure mode, let the engine cool down and started up the hill again in the fast lane at 65 MPH everything was fine.

Also the fan will on on a hot day when there in a A/C call and the condenser needs to be cooled more - totally unrelated to the engine radiator.

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H Bunkhouse

To: "KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com"
Cc: "KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com"
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 10:12 AM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Radiator fan failure

There are millions of vehicles on the road today and the majority of them older with thermostatically controlled fans. Why are we not hearing of or experiencing fan failures in those many cars and trucks? It seems that the fans in our 04 to 06 kodiaks and topkicks are having an excessive amount of failures in my opinion. If the later model fan can be fit to the earlier model clutch wouldn't that be a plus for us? Just sayin.
Denny

Re: Radiator fan failure

Reply #27
Yahoo Message Number: 9499
That thing is big and heavy too!

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H Bunkhouse

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2012 1:24 AM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Radiator fan failure

There is a 2007 and newer electric clutch on EBay. Part # 94671205
http://www.ebay.com/itm/230827712862?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Best
Ron Hall