Skip to main content
Topic: day night shade question (Read 478 times) previous topic - next topic

day night shade question

Yahoo Message Number: 7960
I think the shades on my Seneca have spent there entire life in the down position. Almost every shade in the camper needs to have the strings adjusted which I have figured out how to do. The problem that I have is that the night shade has been down for so long I think they lost there ability to fold back up right. When I raise them up they bulge out and do not fold and stack. If I put them in the raised position and leave them there for a whiledo you think they will go back to working correctly?

Re: day night shade question

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 7961
Ah - the joy.... ;-)

First put the tension on. This generally solves a bunch of problems.

I find that if you have some teeny light gripper pliers, you clamp that on to have hands free for knots etc.

(This clamp being placed where the cord exits the bottom of the blind, giving you free cord to lash up.)

I also leave a spare figure 8 knot on the end of each tie. That way if your attachment loop comes free then you don't loose the cord into the blinds. (ouch)

Kevin

Kevin (Real) McCoy [KF5FUZ / WQJE447]
("Roscoe Ventura" Jayco Seneca HD SS 34 Diesel 2006; "Toad" Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2007)

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 7964
I find that careful re-folding to avoid improper folding, then compressing in the folded position for a while has done the trick. I have considered using a "wrinkle releaser" product but haven't needed that yet.

George

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 7965
I always store mine in the compressed position so they don't lose the fold memory. I have cut pieces of that reflective window insulation stuff to cover the window openings while the vehicle is stored to keep the sun from baking the interior. The window insulation makes for a good black out shade too.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 7969
I had one shade bend a track slightly and it would not fold correctly. I think it was caused by a service tech putting the wrong size cord in it.