Skip to main content
Topic: The button has been pressed (Read 857 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The button has been pressed

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 13178
Here is what it shows on the management page:

Now, I clearly forgot something. It takes a while for Yahoo to get all of its servers updated. At least I hope that is the answer. We'll know in the next few hours.

Don

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 13179
Logon to your Yahoo account. It will show that you are a member of the new group. Get the link there.

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 13181
What is puzzling is that this address works (for me) https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/SuperCrvgroup/info

but it is not shown as the address on the group management page (which Ron, Dave and I can access). The additions here are "neo" and "info"

If that is the only problem we end up with I'll be delighted. Given some of the horror stories I've read (which kept me hesitating on the switch) we will have had a minimal conversion problem.

Don

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 13182
The new page link still comes up as "404 Error" for me also, but re-directs [within a few seconds] to the page https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/SuperCrvgroup/info

Don't know if it's any help (or not?) but my other Yahoo groups ALSO have the "neo" & "info" additions in their
URL now too (& have had since the Yahoo update a few months ago). So, maybe we're "good-to-go" here :)

Terri (& Kevin)
2007 Jayco Seneca 34ss

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 13183
Probably the case but their software provides you with the web address on the management page and given my experience with yahoo this malfunction doesn't surprise me. Try searching based on our new name and see what you get please. I couldn't do it on Safari, Firefox or Chrome since in trying to get the new name going I used each of them so now they know where to go. I just used Opera and went to yahoo groups.com and searched and nothing at all using "The Super C RV Group" or any combination of the words. BUT, if I put in supercrvgroup it provides one item (other than 2 commercial advertisers - About.com/Super C Rv and Shop411.com/Super C Rv). and that is our group. Seems it was because of these two advertisers that I got the restricted character string notices. I'm tempted to go back and try The SuperC Motorhome Group just to see if that will work (no space between Super and C). But I'm sure everyone has had enough mail today and anyone searching for the group is unlikely to leave out the space anyway.

I'm beginning to think "yahoo" is the right name for the company. :(

Don

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 13184
Gee, now I'll reply to myself.

I just discovered that a new group was started on April 1, 2013, and it currently has two members and a there have only been 3 posts (maybe it was an April fools joke). The name of the group -- Thor Super C Motorhome. I am no longer guessing what caused the name problem.

Don