added, or considered adding, any of the sound suppression products
such as DynaMat or the like? If you have investigated and/or installed
any of these, what are you thoughts as far as effectiveness, ease of
installation, cost, etc?

Bill

Re: Kodiak Cab Noise

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 2190
Bill, we really noticed the change in the noise level from our DP. The engine in the DP wasn't any quieter than the 8.1, but it was 35 feet behind us leaving the noise behind, rather than being right in front of us.

I'm used to the noise to some degree now and will be reasonably satisfied if we get the whine removed in April. Not too long after we got the Greyhawk I was conversing on the internet with a woman from Allison. She became my contact after I had a major disagreement with Allison, Freightliner and Winnebago on the transmission warranty.

She and her husband (who was with GM) have a Winnie with the 8.1 and she told me her they found the noise very annoying. So, he put insulation in the doghouse that reduced it considerably. I asked for the name of the material and she sent it. It is not on my laptop and I'm hoping I'll find it on my tower box when I get back north. If I can get the name of the product he used I'll post it here.

I can't reach her via email now as the Allison addresses have changed after GM sold it. I may try to reach her by phone but I think she and her husband were getting set to retire and may have retired by now.

Don

On 31-Jan-09, at 9:19 PM, berfle624 wrote: