Skip to main content
Topic: Light in pump house area no power (Read 599 times) previous topic - next topic

Light in pump house area no power

Yahoo Message Number: 11927
I have a 2007 Jayco Seneca 34SS the light in the pump houes area does not have power, the light works if jumped so I know the bulb and ground side are OK.

It is the one the sticker says will not turn off/lose power when the house Disconnect is in the off position.
Where does this wire come from, the chassis batteries or house batteries?
Sometime in the past I have replaced the house batteries and cleaned up the chassis batteries. I was careful to account for wires to connect back but have apparently missed one or is there somewhere else that could be an issue?
When I contacted Jayco they sent a diagram that was of no help at all.
Thanks for any help, Kev aka quadnkev

Re: Light in pump house area no power

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 11928
Had the same problem in my 2007 Seneca 34SS. Here's the wiring diagram for the 2006 Seneca...same configuration as an 07 is an 06 chassis. Look at the top left of the drawing for the utility light and notice it is fed from a 5 amp fuse located off the battery disconnect solenoid in the coach battery compartment. Check the fuse. The solenoid is mounted just above the coach batteries to the right. Hope this drawing goes with this email.

Bobby

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of quadnkev@...
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2013 11:54 AM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Light in pump house area no power

I have a 2007 Jayco Seneca 34SS the light in the pump houes area does not have power, the light works if jumped so I know the bulb and ground side are OK.

It is the one the sticker says will not turn off/lose power when the house Disconnect is in the off position.

Sometime in the past I have replaced the house batteries and cleaned up the chassis batteries. I was careful to account for wires to connect back but have apparently missed one or is there somewhere else that could be an issue?

Re: Light in pump house area no power [1 Attachment]

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 11929
Correction: The solenoid is to the left inside the coach battery compartment.

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2013 5:07 PM
Subject: RE: [KodiakChassisClassC] Light in pump house area no power [1 Attachment]

[Attachment(s) from Bob included below]

Had the same problem in my 2007 Seneca 34SS. Here's the wiring diagram for the 2006 Seneca...same configuration as an 07 is an 06 chassis. Look at the top left of the drawing for the utility light and notice it is fed from a 5 amp fuse located off the battery disconnect solenoid in the coach battery compartment. Check the fuse. The solenoid is mounted just above the coach batteries to the right. Hope this drawing goes with this email.

Bobby

From:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
To:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 11930
The schematic did come through, Thank You very much, it was what I asked for but was not what they sent.
Anyway now I have something to work with other than just poking around and trying to trace it back by hand.
I had noticed some barrel type glass fuses in that compartment before, is it one of those?
I have given thought to replacing them with the current blade type fuses for convenience sake.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 11931
Glad we could help! Yes, it is a glass in line  5 amp fuse located right at the solenoid. The in line fuse holder sort of keeps the fuse clean, possibly the reason they used that type?

Bobby

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of quadnkev@...
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 10:36 AM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] RE: Light in pump house area no power

The schematic did come through, Thank You very much, it was what I asked for but was not what they sent.
Anyway now I have something to work with other than just poking around and trying to trace it back by hand.
I had noticed some barrel type glass fuses in that compartment before, is it one of those?
I have given thought to replacing them with the current blade type fuses for convenience sake.

---In kodiakchassisclassc@yahoogroups.com, bristau1@...> wrote:

From:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Bob
Subject: RE: [KodiakChassisClassC] Light in pump house area no power [1 Attachment]

Bobby

From:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 11932

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 11:25 AM
Subject: RE: [KodiakChassisClassC] RE: Light in pump house area no power

Glad we could help! Yes, it is a glass in line 5 amp fuse located right at the solenoid. The in line fuse holder sort of keeps the fuse clean, possibly the reason they used that type?

Bobby

Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 10:36 AM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] RE: Light in pump house area no power

---In kodiakchassisclassc@yahoogroups.com, bristau1@...> wrote:

From:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Bob

Bobby