Skip to main content
Topic: Good news must be shared (Read 965 times) previous topic - next topic

Good news must be shared

Yahoo Message Number: 5703
All,

We should also share good experiences.

About a month or so ago I had to take the MH in at a local dealership to have the awning on the top of the big slide (driver side) fixed again, now for the 3rd time.
The experience with the dealership is not the one I am sharing, that raise lots of questions, although they have fixed the problem and so far so good.

When I took in I never asked or claimed warranty, however after all set and done, I paid the bill (ouch!!!) and went my way.
I then contacted Jay co via Vinh Le, he had been great on other issues we have and he is always very responsive.

I knew the couch had 2 years warranty, but before anything I wanted to confirm that, which was true. I then asked him if Jayco would reimburse the expense, he asked me to send the bill with the services described.
After few emails to make sure he understood how was billed, he then said Jayco would open a warranty claim and send a check to me.
Just this week I got the check.
I, of course emailed him thanking him and Jayco, but I also would like to share this with the group.
Yes all companies have their problems, but every now and then we get good service and that needs to be noted.

Thank you
Mo

Re: Good news must be shared

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 5704
Good new is always welcome.
2 good report in a row.

Best
Ron Hall

Good news must be shared

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 5705
Vinh Le and Jayco have treated me very well in all of my contacts. Kudos!

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 5707
Mo wrote:

Just this week I got the check.
I, of course emailed him thanking him and Jayco, but I also would like
to share this with the group.

Hey that is great news! Glad to hear it's fixed and hopefully will stay
that way.

Take care,
Greg

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 5711
I have also worked with Vinh Le at Jayco. We have talked/emailed many times during my 2 year Seneca warranty time. Was even out of warranty by a few weeks and Le still covered a problem. The reason I said Le covered the problem and not Jayco was, he approved the service while we were still on the phone. I know, Jayco paid but I talked to Le. As we all know the RV industry has taken a big hit and Jayco even another hit with GM's MTD Kodiak lost. Thus, I also want to note Jayco's good service, even in bad times.

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 5714
I have met most of the Jayco staff from the CEO down and have had many dealing with Vinh and consider him a close friend as well. He is without a doubt the finest young man who takes his job very seriously as a Jayco customer service representative. He is wonderful and has treated myself and my family great along with taking care of ongoing issues with our RV. Dane

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 5720
I have to give Randy Zonker (general service manager) at Jayco a big vote of confidence. He was instrumental in solving most of our problems and when the fridge door fell off on the Saturday during the rally he got a new one for noon Monday installation.

If only Jayco had put the new 26DS on a decent wheelbase - then we'd have bought it. When I look at the Itasca and visualize the Jayco 11 inches longer and the wheelbase 9 inches shorter I shudder. The design guys just don't want to get with it when it comes to a decent wheelbase.

Don

Wall Slide Awning Cover Problems - WHO ELSE HAS THEM??

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 5724
I am very glad to hear Jayco has reimbursed you for your warranty repair. What model Seneca was this? We have a 2008 36MS( Purchased new - one year ago) which is currently into the local Jayco dealer - The RV Center in Columbia City, Indiana. for a 3rd time to repair our large wall slide cover. Every time its has broken it takes 30 days to get parts from Carefree of Colorado. I wish every one out there would post in with any reports of Carefree of Colorado awning slide covers that they have trouble with. It looks to me to be defect that should be addressed as a recall issue maybe to the point of replacing all of those slide out awning covers that repeatedly keep failing. Our issue has been with broken springs and spring end cap issues.

Larry Myers
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 5725
Sorry to hear about your problems. Maybe you need to arrange a trip to the factory for proper repairs.
Best
Ron Hall

Re: Wall Slide Awning Cover Problems - WHO ELSE HAS THEM??

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 5726
Larry,

wow,

The problem was the same I have the same year model, exactly.
And the problem ( for 3 times) was the spring on the awning on the top of the big slide, same thing, evidently it is a chronic unresolved problem for the year model.
If you read and see the pictures from carefree about that particular awning, you will notice an * somewhere says "obsolete" end cap, apparently it was a pin/tongue that was not holding up, I see now on mine, they put a long machine screw (sticks out a little as matter of fact) but it seems to have solved the problem, will see.
They have also replaced the spring.
And you are correct, it takes a month to get that fixed, do not know why though, one would thing it would be faster.
Talk to your dealer and maybe Vinh Le from Jayco, that may help.
Mo

Jayco: Minor thing - Drawer Hardware & Drawer construction

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 5727

Jayco owners:Minor thing.I was just working my maintenance list. This summer one of our drawers popped open during travel, and the hardware got strained. The drawer just did not work the same after that. So I replaced the drawer hardware from Home Desperate. It was easy to find a more resilient drawer slider!
So the reason for the note is... when I removed the old (flimsy) hardware, the wood braces came free! Yieks. It appears they were never attached to the drawer frame! The drawer slider itself was what attached them to the drawer frame. Adding this one screw fixed that problem. Sorry for the fuzzy picture.

Secure runner.jpg

Securing slider frame to cabinet
Happy travels.
Kevin (Real) McCoy [KF5FUZ / WQJE447]
("Roscoe Ventura" Jayco Seneca HD SS 34 Diesel 2006; "Toad" Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2007)

Re: Jayco: Minor thing - Drawer Hardware & Drawer construction

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 5728
All the drawers in our MH have Southco latches on them.
http://www.southco.com/class/c3-grabber-catch-latches-7399.html
They work great. Many HR motorhomes have the old style that break easily. During one of our trips to Elkhart found them for $3 a pair. Camping World carries them for $9 each. Ouch. You are welcome to a couple when we meet in TX.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 5729
Sorry to hear about your cover problem, you were fighting with that at the rally weren't you ???

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 5730
To All,

I have a 2008 36MS and had the same problem. After the first event we took it into a Jayco authorized dealer and Jayco and the dealer found out it is a manufacturers defect. They replaced the awning but needed to raise the the mounting brackets higher on the coach. After the correction it has worked perfectly ever since. I worked with Vinh Le on this issue and was completely satisfied.
P
I hope this information helps.

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 5731
I had a problem with mine, though it is a Gulf Stream and a Dometic slide cover.
Mine apparently started binding up, or rubbing the top of the slide out, which caused the brackets to bend. Finally came off of the bracket mount. Repair shop said that it needed spacers between the mount and the wall, and ordered them from Dometic. Many months later they arrived. Repair seems to be working well now. Rig was well out of warrenty.