Skip to main content
Topic: First Trip in new Motorhome (Read 462 times) previous topic - next topic

First Trip in new Motorhome

Yahoo Message Number: 5700
So this last weekend we took our first trip in the new Motorhome other than the speed drive home to Washington from California. I just have to say, this is so much bigger, nicer, better, than the 9.5' campers I have camped in for the last 20 years. Both of us kept looking at it and I kept telling hubby how much I loved it. He actually agreed even though he was the one that had said we were fine in the camper. A question. Has anyone put in handicap grab bars in their bathroom? I have the split bathroom and the room with the toilet could sure use one but none of the walls look to be strong enough to hold one and there doesn't seem to be enough room at the corners to put one in. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Our only real problem was that we could not get the satellite receiver and Kingdome antenna to talk to each other so we had to use the regular antenna. It worked out okay because we were in the city but I know it will need to be fixed really soon because most of the time we are out in the boondocks. As for handling, we crossed several mountain passes during huge storms with wind and rain, thankfully no snow, but the Moho handled beautifully. We also were in heavy Seattle traffic and again, no problems. Passing Semi's didn't even budge our coach. According to the driver, the handling was much better than with the truck and camper. So I think we are hooked. Now to just get him to retire so we can go play in it.

Gail
2009 Jayco Seneca HD 35GS

Re: First Trip in new Motorhome

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 5701
Congratulations. Always nice when you write a big check and everything exceeds your expectations.
Greg Thompson
MN
'05 6340 Endura diesel

Re: First Trip in new Motorhome

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 5702
Gail - did you buy it from a private party in Washington or a dealer? Just curious - I am in Seattle.

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Greg Thompson
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 10:20 AM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] First Trip in new Motorhome

Congratulations. Always nice when you write a big check and everything exceeds your expectations.
 Greg Thompson
 MN
 '05 6340 Endura diesel