Skip to main content
Topic: Class C Insurance (Read 830 times) previous topic - next topic

Class C Insurance

Yahoo Message Number: 6121
Would appreciate any advice on insuring our 35GS Seneca. Want to have the policy to cover purchase price for life time of vehicle. Will not need coverage for appliances, or towing already have ins for that. Would want 250-500 dollar deduction. Am looking at Blue Sky-Champion Property and Casualty Ins Co., and RV America that uses 6 different company's. Got a quote from them below 900 annual. Good Sams was 2000, Progressive 1613, Gilbert 2333, which they showed going through Progressive?? All these companies had a very good rating from AM Best. Is anyone insured by anyone of these and have you had to use them for a claim...with what results. Thanks....Joe Have email set up just for this forum...great info.

Re: Class C Insurance

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 6124
I use GEICO with a 1K deductable and is real reasonable

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 6127
I use GEICO also for my 2006 Seneca 34SS. The ANNUAL PREMIUM is $510.00 TOTAL with $500,000 BI, $250 deductible Comp, $500 deductible Collision, and Emergency MH Road Service is included for $19/yr. One half of the $510 ($255) is paid every 6 months.

I had to use the road service ones and was very satisfied. GEICO is by far the best deal I could find!

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 6129
We Have GMAC through Good Sam. The big thing we liked is the rebate we get if we keep the unit in storage for 30 days minimums. It was nice getting a check back from them from the initial payment.

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 6131
joeeveld wrote:

Would appreciate any advice on insuring our 35GS Seneca. Want to have
the policy to cover purchase price for life time of vehicle.

Mine is thru USAA, but actually written by Progressive now that USAA
quit doing their own RV insurance. I have replacement cost coverage and
the premium is about $550 a year with $500 deductible.

Take care,
Greg

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 6138
Thanks Greg. I had a direct quote from Progressive and it was $1613 for a year with
250 deduct and only 2000 for expenses. I'm wondering if it depends on the agency or
agent someway. I will check out USAA tomorrow though. Need to get this done in
next few days.

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sun, January 2, 2011 11:10:52 AM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Class C Insurance

joeeveld wrote:

Would appreciate any advice on insuring our 35GS Seneca. Want to have
the policy to cover purchase price for life time of vehicle.

Mine is thru USAA, but actually written by Progressive now that USAA
quit doing their own RV insurance. I have replacement cost coverage and
the premium is about $550 a year with $500 deductible.

Take care,
Greg

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 6139
Thanks, somebody else recommended GEICO. Will check it out.

Sent: Sat, January 1, 2011 6:49:01 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Class C Insurance

I use GEICO also for my 2006 Seneca 34SS. The ANNUAL PREMIUM is $510.00 TOTAL with $500,000 BI, $250 deductible Comp, $500 deductible Collision, and Emergency MH Road Service is included for $19/yr. One half of the $510 ($255) is paid every 6 months.

I had to use the road service ones and was very satisfied. GEICO is by far the best deal I could find!

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 6140
Thanks, GMAC quoted a $2002 annual charge. Thought that was high. I did
it through a quote from Good Sams. No one has mentioned if they are insured
with a purchase price if vehicle is totaled. I only found RV America and Blue Sky
to offer that on their web sites. Both are running about $900 annual. Haven't
checked out the sites people are using on here yet though.

Sent: Sun, January 2, 2011 6:55:01 AM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Class C Insurance

We Have GMAC through Good Sam. The big thing we liked is the rebate we get if we keep the unit in storage for 30 days minimums. It was nice getting a check back from them from the initial payment.

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 6143
Joe -

I think you may have problems finding a policy that you can afford that will provide a coverage limit for comprehensive and collision damages that will remain at the purchase price of the unit for the lifetime of the unit. That would require an stated value policy without a clause that is common on most stated value policies that limits losses to the stated value or xx% of the actual cash value (you fill in the xx's), whichever is less. From the prices you quoted, I would guess that you are looking at ACV (Actual cash value) policies that will have loss payments capped at the actual cash value (read Blue Book Value) of the rig prior to the loss.

Just my $0.02 ...

Sent: Sat, January 1, 2011 7:09:24 AM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Class C Insurance

Would appreciate any advice on insuring our 35GS Seneca. Want to have the policy to cover purchase price for life time of vehicle. Will not need coverage for appliances, or towing already have ins for that. Would want 250-500 dollar deduction. Am looking at Blue Sky-Champion Property and Casualty Ins Co., and RV America that uses 6 different company's. Got a quote from them below 900 annual. Good Sams was 2000, Progressive 1613, Gilbert 2333, which they showed going through Progressive?? All these companies had a very good rating from AM Best. Is anyone insured by anyone of these and have you had to use them for a claim...with what results. Thanks....Joe Have email set up just for this forum...great info.

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 6151
Also check with Foremost. Got ours through our Farmers agent.