Skip to main content
Topic: Hellwig Springs (Read 600 times) previous topic - next topic

Hellwig Springs

Yahoo Message Number: 7432
Hi all,

Funny things happen....
I am due to inspection and thought maybe go ahead and have hellwig springs installed so would save a trip.
Well, I called them and they gave me the part number LP35/9655. I said I wanted to order, nope' no can do, "we do not sell to consumer" so I asked where in NC can I get it? 3 places, and they all would required a day trip....
So I called a place around, they would install but they would not buy, I called the local CW (which is not really local) and they do not sell it nor would they order.
Hummm, any suggestions? Having installed does not seem to be a problem, getting the springs is the problem.
I tried JCWhitney, nope they do not sell, sdtruck, nope back order no can tell when.
Anyhow, any suggestion greatly appreciated.
thank you
Mo

Re: Hellwig Springs

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 7433
I would call the local spring/suspension shops or even an medium duty Chev dealer. They may not be an "official" outlet but they should be able to order them.

Dave Sparke

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 9, 2011 4:10 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Hellwig Springs

Hi all,

Funny things happen....
I am due to inspection and thought maybe go ahead and have hellwig springs installed so would save a trip.
Well, I called them and they gave me the part number LP35/9655. I said I wanted to order, nope' no can do, "we do not sell to consumer" so I asked where in NC can I get it? 3 places, and they all would required a day trip....
So I called a place around, they would install but they would not buy, I called the local CW (which is not really local) and they do not sell it nor would they order.
Hummm, any suggestions? Having installed does not seem to be a problem, getting the springs is the problem.
I tried JCWhitney, nope they do not sell, sdtruck, nope back order no can tell when.
Anyhow, any suggestion greatly appreciated.
thank you
Mo

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 7436
I too was looking at the Hellwig Springs and I had a problem obtaining them so I went to my local truck shop that did spring work and they had to order additional leafs. I added three new leafs per side on the rear because I was riding on my bump stops. After I installed them the unit handles much better and I can a better ride.

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 7446
I ordered my Helwig helper Springs from http://www.performanceparts4less.com

Item    Options    Unit Price    Qty.    Cost
PerformanceParts4Less Catalog [remove]

* partnumber : 9655
* vendor : Hellwig
* description : LP-35 Progressive Load Leveler; Helper Spring; 3500 lbs. Capacity; Incl. Mounting Hardware;
* price : (+'343.99')

$343.99       $343.99

Subtotal:    $343.99
Total:    $343.99 with free shipping

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 7447
Thank you all for all good information and all web sites.

little leg work helped too.

I got info on 4 web sites.

4wheelparts, 435+shipping (free if shipping to the store)
truckcomponents on line, 344+70 shipping
autopartswarehouse, 365+ free shipping
and
PerformanceParts4Less Subtotal 343.99
Coupon discount -34.40
(dogdays11)
Subtotal 309.59
Shipping 0.00
Tax 0.00
Total 309.59
that is a winner, they are running a "dogdays11" cupon discount of 10% and free shipping.
Thank you all again, and Thank you "Imyersmaui" for the tip.
I guess it will take 2 weeks to get it here but that is fine.

later
Mo