Skip to main content
Topic: DPF and EGR (Read 725 times) previous topic - next topic

DPF and EGR

Yahoo Message Number: 7745
Hi - my Duramax spends alot of time in DPF Regen and it just drinks fuel. My oil seems to look and smell like tar no matter how few miles I have on an oil change. Does anyone have any experience or with the EGR and DPF delete jobs? My question is does it make a material difference in power, cool running, and fuel economy? I dont want to go through the expense and other risks if it really is a minor improvement.

Advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: DPF and EGR

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 7746
You need to go to- the diesel page .com or diesel place .com for all the info about yor questions.
Denny

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 7747
Blocking the EGR will help with black oil. What it will do for the DPF I do not know. My Kodaik does not have it. There are a few threads on Diesel Place about this subject.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 7751
I did and it's big benefits. It's not a popular subject for some people so keep a low profile when discussing. My unit breathes better, runs cooler from an EGT standpoint and I much better gas mileage. Keep in mind once this is done you will need a programmer that will give you more horsepower and it will allow you to deprogram the DPF so it will not run. For the best price Inused a quadzilla programmer. If this is what you want to do I will give you the contact info where to by the unit at the best price.

Just my 2 cents, this is not a public subject nor popular one because your RV will be emitting a little more smog. A lot of people do this and my RV really runs great. You will need to install a pyrometer too. This is a must when you tune.

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 7752
The other issue to me would be how old your unit is. The engine has a 5 year warranty so if you mess with something before that time is up any repairs will be on your dime.

Dave Sparke

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 7754
Tim
Did you take the DPF right out or just program it out? Just out of curiosity how much better is your mileage? This is something I`m thinking about on my 08 when the warranty is over.
thank`s brad

To: "KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com"
Sent: Saturday, October 1, 2011 12:34:07 PM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: DPF and EGR

I did and it's big benefits. It's not a popular subject for some people so keep a low profile when discussing. My unit breathes better, runs cooler from an EGT standpoint and I much better gas mileage. Keep in mind once this is done you will need a programmer that will give you more horsepower and it will allow you to deprogram the DPF so it will not run. For the best price Inused a quadzilla programmer. If this is what you want to do I will give you the contact info where to by the unit at the best price.

Just my 2 cents, this is not a public subject nor popular one because your RV will be emitting a little more smog. A lot of people do this and my RV really runs great. You will need to install a pyrometer too. This is a must when you tune.

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 7755
I have a person who will do everything to include exhaust etc for 800 is that a good price as I have my programmer already.

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 7756
I have an 08, pulled the DPF out, programmed DPF not to turn on, then placed 4 inch pipe from DPF area out to original area and placed 6 inch chrome tip.

I get 10mph towing and that's through the hills too and about 12 without hills and about 14 without towing.

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 7761
Yes, I use a Quadzilla programmer. Call Kirk at Grimm Performance at (256) 337-0577

He has great pricing. Make sure you mention my name and Jayco Seneca with Duramax engine and he'll be able to direct you to the best tuner for your RV.

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 7762
I have a PPE and set for extra 100 horses and seems to do well.

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 8871
Tim, are you using the Stealth II ? I have a 2008 four winds chateau - which I believe is on a 2007 model year C5500 (LMM with a DPF in either case). I was shocked by how much the regen hurts the MPG... I've been driving a 2002 DMAX pickup for years with a slight program (hypertech +90hp) and have been wanting to delete the DPF as well as program boost for HP & MPG, but didn't know which programmers would work on the C5500 (not know how different this LMM is from one in a 2500/3500 pickup).