Skip to main content
Topic: Exhaust for the Dmax (Read 429 times) previous topic - next topic

Exhaust for the Dmax

Yahoo Message Number: 8233
Has anyone here replaced the 3 1/2 inch stock exhaust with a 4 inch turbo back with a high flow muffler? If you have, do you like it and what
benefits have you realized? A friend has done his but hasn't had a chance to test it.
Denny

2006 Seneca 35GS Dmax. Ford Ranger toad.

Re: Exhaust for the Dmax

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 8234
, Dennis Bradford  wrote:
Has anyone here replaced the 3 1/2 inch stock exhaust with a 4 inch turbo back with a high flow muffler?  If you have, do you like it and what
benefits have you realized?  A friend has done his but hasn't had a chance to test it.
Denny

2006 Seneca 35GS Dmax. Ford Ranger toad.

Dennis.....
Have not replaced the 3/12" exhaust pipe, but I am looking at a new chrome tip for my existing pipe. Hope to find it in Quartzite this year............russ

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 8235
On my 2004.5 I replaced the muffler and Cat with a high flow muffler. Made a difference in performance. But has not made a difference in fuel mileage. Biggest restriction in my exhaust is 3" exhaust brake. Your 2006 will not have the exhaust brake. But will have the 3" down pipe up to the Cat. Plus Jayco routed the exhaust out the driver side. Which added 2 90 degree bends bends more than my passenger side exhaust pipe. I did not change size of the pipe.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 8241
The down pipe will be replaced with four inch as well. On my 06 all is on the pass side. I know that I will see some improvement in performance and hoping for some milage. I won't drive any differently. Presently milage is between 9 and11. Here's hoping.
Denny