Skip to main content
Topic: Vacuum pump (Read 446 times) previous topic - next topic

Vacuum pump

Yahoo Message Number: 9711
Ron,

My vacuum pump seems to be noisy, or at least it is the first time I heard it running. It also runs constantly when the key is on. There are two ports, the small black one with a hose connected and the white one. Is the white one supposed to have a cap on it? I'm just wondering if they knocked it off when they replaced the radiator.

Dave

Re: Vacuum pump

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 9712
The white one has nothing on it. There is a hose from top of pump that tee's into hose from connection above white intake.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 9713
Thanks.

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ronjhallsr
Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2012 5:49 PM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Vacuum pump

The white one has nothing on it. There is a hose from top of pump that tee's into hose from connection above white intake.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 9721
Forgot to mention that I started up my MH the other day getting ready for my trip to Indy. Walked around from drivers side to passenger side of cab. Frist time I ever heard that noisy pump.
I was working on AC that needed refrigerant. Got cold air again.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 9722
Found out that the pump should shut off when it reaches vacuum, if it doesn't there is usually a leak. According to med duty dealer, most of the leaks are where the hose goes through the firewall. There is a chassis ground strap and 90% of the time it rubs a hole in the hose. I still have to check mine today, but thought I would pass that info along right away.

Will let you know what I find later today.

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ronjhallsr
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2012 6:25 AM

Forgot to mention that I started up my MH the other day getting ready for my trip to Indy. Walked around from drivers side to passenger side of cab. Frist time I ever heard that noisy pump.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 9725
Found the leak, only not where

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of David Sparke
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2012 8:12 AM
Subject: RE: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Vacuum pump

Found out that the pump should shut off when it reaches vacuum, if it doesn't there is usually a leak. According to med duty dealer, most of the leaks are where the hose goes through the firewall. There is a chassis ground strap and 90% of the time it rubs a hole in the hose. I still have to check mine today, but thought I would pass that info along right away.

From:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ronjhallsr
To:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com

Best
Ron Hall

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 9727
Attachments :

Found the leak, only not where anticipated. When they replaced the radiator they put a small hole in the crossover hose on the pump as they removed the bottom radiator hose clamp...That broke the budget $0.40 piece of hose.

Falling Off Chair Laughing

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of David Sparke
    Sent: Monday, August 27, 2012 8:12 AM
    Subject: RE: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Vacuum pump

From:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ronjhallsr
    To:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com

Best
    Ron Hall