Skip to main content
Topic: Setting Up A Tow Vehicle (Read 397 times) previous topic - next topic

Setting Up A Tow Vehicle

Yahoo Message Number: 9728
I am getting ready to set up a new Honda CRV for towing and have a simple question. The Invisibrake system I am going to install is activated by the brake lights on my 2007 Seneca. The question is whether the exhaust brake activates the brake lights??? If so, is there a way to hook into the brake pedal activated brake lights without getting input from the exhaust brake light signal?

Re: Setting Up A Tow Vehicle

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 9730
Good question!!! I am not sure on the Senaca?? I would hope not as the exhaust brake does not slow you down like a brake pedal and you really do not want your brakes on your CRV activating just because the EB is doing its thing.

I have a inertial brake controller for a tow vehicle (Brake Buddy) and have it set up for activation only if I really have to punch the brakes hard (emergency) - I almost never use the brake pedal on my motorhome, letting the exhaust brake / transmission do 90% of the work. I would use it if I loaded up my tow vehicle with a lot of stuff. Keep in in mind I tow a Geo Tracker that weighs just about 2K #s normally.

My utility trailer is connected to my brake controller line and the Tekonsha inertial brake electronic controller when tow it.

Have someone drive behind you and check it?

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H Bunkhouse

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2012 7:40 AM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Setting Up A Tow Vehicle

I am getting ready to set up a new Honda CRV for towing and have a simple question. The Invisibrake system I am going to install is activated by the brake lights on my 2007 Seneca. The question is whether the exhaust brake activates the brake lights??? If so, is there a way to hook into the brake pedal activated brake lights without getting input from the exhaust brake light signal?