Skip to main content
Topic: Privacy curtains (Read 528 times) previous topic - next topic

Privacy curtains

Yahoo Message Number: 10328
Hello to all hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas we are new to the class c rv, we would like to put up some curtains to provide privacy and also to help with the heating and cooling of the motorhome. Wondering if anyone has ideas. Thanks!

Re: Privacy curtains

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 10329
we put up snaps on the wood edges between the cab and the house then sewed insulated curtains with elastic to hold them tight, and snaps to make up to the edges... It really helps to keep the main body warm when it's cold, (I use my rig for mountain hunting)
Morrigan

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 10330
We have a vinyl cloth type curtain that snaps over cab opening. Also have a piece of hard plastic that covers cut opening in front of entertainment center. This is use as a self to store iPod and it's speakers. This creates a closed area for front of RV. We store items we are not using in the cab area. Also have a windshield cover to keep some of the sun out of cab.
For rest of motor home I have made inserts that fit over windows out of Reflextic. Got a roll of 2' X 25' from HD. Cut to window size then warped outer edges with duct tape. Does not look that great. But does make a big difference when it is very cold or hot outside. They are held in place by pulling pleated shades down.
We do have a set of the cushion type vent covers that we use in very cold weather.
That about it for us.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 10333
Like Ron, we have an external cover for the cab windows. (ADCO) That provides privacy.

For temp control - make sure you are on recirc before shutting down. Otherwise the vent is open to the cab.

We have a cab over bed, and if it is very cold we just tuck a comforter under the bed and let it hang down the cab back. Keeps it toasty.

Is that what you are after or are you looking for other cold camping ideas?

Kevin

P.S. We got the cover that has velcro snaps to allow for daytime privacy / sun tint. However we have not used it much. I think next time I will just go with a solid bonnet.

Kevin (Real) McCoy [KF5FUZ]
("Roscoe Ventura" Jayco Seneca HD SS 34 Diesel 2006; "Toad" Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2007)

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 10334

Thanks for the suggestions, we have a 2005 Gulfstream the entertainment center is over the cab. Thanks for the tip on the recirculation had not thought of that. We are thinking about putting a curtain behind the seats, just an idea right now!

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 10335
I use the Easy Curtain. Sets up on the inside of the cab and I know it keeps the MH cooler in the heat of summer. I would think it helps in the winter as well, but it never gets too cold down in South Louisiana so i cant warranty that as fact.
The Easy Curtain in awesome!

www.easycurtain.net

Make sure you use .net vs. .com

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 10336
Hi

We have the white vinyl windshield outside, ( adco?) when it is really hot I also use a truck size windshield reflector (foil/bubble) type on the inside, and cushions on roof vents, but the key to cool off and keep it cool inside is, I tried last summer, is to have a small fan going all the time I could not believe how well it worked.

If it is cold, which is never really cold around here, all I do is leave an automatic oscillating ceramic heater going, 40 bucks at Walmart, someone on this group recommended and it works like a charm, thank you group for the tip, it looks good, it shuts off when reach desired temp and it is safe, do not even use the furnas anymore (noise and not efficient) .

Mo

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 10337
I also use the Easy Curtain. When the sun is hitting the windshield, you feel the effect it has rather quickly after you put it up. Helps keep it a lot cooler inside.