Skip to main content
Topic: Gulf Stream Endura 6340 weight. (Read 769 times) previous topic - next topic

Gulf Stream Endura 6340 weight.

Yahoo Message Number: 14783
Last week while on a trip to Northern MI. I stopped at a Flying J to get my motorhome weighed. Was surprised at what I found. I weighed my motorhome weighed back when I bought it. Rear was over by 500 lbs with full water and fuel. This time with full water and fuel wight was much higher. Front axle was 500 lbs under weight. Rear axle was over by 1700 lbs. Makes me wonder where the extra 1200 lbs came from? Bigger tires, air bags, added support for flooring above rear axle. tow bar, BBQ, spare parts, glass shower door, wife's stuff, my stuff, Surge Guard, air compressor, 50 amp extension cord, folding table and benches, ottoman/dirty cloths hamper, Induction burner, and the list goes on.
Sure am glad I put larger and heavier rated tires on my motorhome a few years ago.
One good thing that GM did with the Kodiak's is put same axle and brakes in all the motorhome version of the chassis. So increasing weight carrying capacity only requires heavier springs or air bags and tires.. I added air bags 9 year ago. This adds up to 5000 load capacity to rear axle. I put 245/70R19.5 Load Range F tires on in 2009. They barely met the weight requirements for my current weight. I now have same tire size in load range G. Still run 95 psi.
Those of you that are still running 225/70R19.5 Load Range F tires may be overloading the tires. At the most when buying new tires get 225/70R19.5 Load Range G tires.
Total weight for my motorhome with toad was 25,250 lbs.
Best
Ron Hall

Re: Gulf Stream Endura 6340 weight.

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 14784
Wow that's a lot of weight! Last time I weighed my gas 6340 it weighed 17800, full fuel, water and gas. I'm going on a trip this weekend so maybe I'll stop by the scales on my way out and get a real weight with family and mutt.

Greg

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 14785
The most I've been able to get my 2007 Greyhawk 32ss gasser to weigh is 18,000 with full fuel, water, partial grey and black, wife, dog and everything she could stuff in it. I know the gasser is lighter than the diesel though. Both axles were within the ratings. I also tow a 4000lb Saturn Vue. With a GCW of 26,000, I feel pretty good about it. Later weigh-ins with a lot less stuff (DW has really pared things back) bring our loaded weight down to around 17,500 average.

Take care,
Greg (the other one)

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 14787

Hi Ron
Interesting thing the guy , (I can't remember his name), told me when he beefed up my rear springs........ He said adding more leafs in rear transferred some weight off rear and put it on the front. I'm sure ur air bags probably do the same thing. Maybe u just need a few more leaves. They do flatten out. Mine sure did.

Larry Payne  ⛳

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 14788
My air bags take weight off the springs. I can raise rear of motorhome about 5". But I try to keep as level as possible with front end. Usually keep pressure around 50 psi. I store motorhome with jack supporting some of the weight.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 14789
Greg. you may recall I've mentioned a few times that we bought the Kodiak gasser for that very reason - weight. At that time we towed a heavy Tahoe LTZ and I was fairly certain we'd go over he 26000 with a diesel.

Don

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 14790
Hey Don, I know I'm senile, but I do remember that :-)

Take care,
Greg

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 14791
Gee whiz. Like me you can hide your own Easter Eggs. :)

Don

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 14792
They're probably with my missing digital tire gauge!

Tried to get a generator service scheduled with Camping World in Raleigh and they tell me the end of Oct....geez, this place gets worse and worse. I guess I'll be getting oil and filter to do it myself. I wanted the electronics checked, but will do some research and do that too I guess.

Maybe I should go to RV Tech school....senior discount?

Take care,
Greg