Skip to main content
Topic: Equalizer Leveling Control Panel Search (Read 956 times) previous topic - next topic

Equalizer Leveling Control Panel Search

Yahoo Message Number: 14797
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here it goes.
The touch pad control panel for my Equalizer hydraulic leveling system has gone bad. Everything was working fine, then one day the panel just refused to work. Did all the trouble shooting test, power to the board, checked the ground to the board, checked all the fuses, everything points to circuit board failure. Called Equalizer, they no longer have the 2086 panel, but they do have an updated - retro panel. By the time I purchase the panel, and have them install all necessary hardware updates requires the repair will run between 3 and 4 thousand dollars.
With that being said, I'm searching for a used or new old stock 2086 panel. I've tried several MH junk yards and surplus dealers with no luck. If anyone has any suggestions where to look next, I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Equalizer Leveling Control Panel Search

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 14798
Have you tried the manufacturer of your MH (what make, model and year is it?)? To me the fact that Equalizer no longer has the needed part is annoying as one would expect them to have at least a small supply. No doubt they do for the warranty period but that is so short for MHs.

I wonder what the track record for replacement parts is for other manufacturers of hydraulic leveling systems?

Any idea what the cost would be for a totally new system - I think 4 grand is getting close (excluding installation)?

I can understand frustration in a case like this.

Don

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 14799
Not sure if the board repair option is available, but my sister had an oven with a bad board and the part was no longer available, but their was a place which repaired circuit boards which fixed it. Might be something to search for.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 14809
I had the same problem on my 2007 Dutchmen. My repair shop, a small one on the Oregon Coast, spent 10 days looking for a used one with no luck.
It was expensive but it didn't cost much.
I'd get another estimate. Hope the best for you.
Greg

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 14813
Yes, took board to a small company that repairs control panels for manufacturing machines. They check everything they could but the board has two propitiatory chips and they had no way of testing the chips.

It's a 2007 Gulf Stream 6331 on a C5500 Chevy chassis. Both slides works just fine, and when the board was working the leveling jacks/legs seems to work as intended.

Ron, If you every consider selling your spare board, please put me on your list as the first person to call.

Richard J Thurston
3762 Hollywood Street
Holland, MI 49424

Home:616-399-2069
Cell:616-836-5104

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 14814
I am not sure the crappy leveling system cost $4000 to replace,
? I would go to a regular commercial hydraulic shop.

Date:Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 8:03 AM
Subject:[SuperCrvgroup] Equalizer Leveling Control Panel Search

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here it goes.
The touch pad control panel for my Equalizer hydraulic leveling system has gone bad. Everything was working fine, then one day the panel just refused to work. Did all the trouble shooting test, power to the board, checked the ground to the board, checked all the fuses, everything points to circuit board failure. Called Equalizer, they no longer have the 2086 panel, but they do have an updated - retro panel. By the time I purchase the panel, and have them install all necessary hardware updates requires the repair will run between 3 and 4 thousand dollars.
With that being said, I'm searching for a used or new old stock 2086 panel. I've tried several MH junk yards and surplus dealers with no luck. If anyone has any suggestions where to look next, I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance.

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 14815
Maybe someone electrical can trouble shoot the board and fix it.

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 14816
I had the same problem that the touch pad went bad. I contacted the folks and they had replacements but would not guarantee them. I located a color print on the net and removed the pad. The system is made up of 2 selonoids like on a starter. One tells the pads to go down and the other tells them to come up. I fabricated a wooden cutout the size of the touch pad. Don't remember the colors of the wires but it is easy to determine.

I didn't cut the wires going to the pad but simply tied into them and taped up the end that plugged into the pad.

I used 6 single pole double throw toggle switches. The first has off in the middle and up on one side and down on the other. When I put the pads down, I turn the first switch to the down side. This provides power. The second toggle switch is thrown to direct the power further to the location of each pad. I thrown it from off to "down" then one at a time or all together, I can power each of the 3 toggle switches wired to the pads. I have one for front, right rear and left rear. I usually work from the front to the rear one at a time. When the correct level is reached, I simply throw the corresponding switch back to off. When finished leveling, all 3 of the pad switches are at "off" along with the "down" toggle and finish by placing the main "UP or Down" toggle back in the middle being off.

To retract, throw #1, the UP / Down to the Down side, then power up the remaining switch, the UP toggle which provides power to the 3 pads. After being retracted, turn off the 3 pad switches, UP toggle and main UP/Down toggle to the middle or off.

Has worked great but if something goes wrong only required to purchase another toggle switch.

This wiring did not take into any account regarding if the brake or anything else was involved just simply dealt with up and down of the pads and any so called safety features were eliminated.

Hope this helps.

Don

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 14817
Don,

Thanks a bunch, that's exactly the information I was looking for. Right now I'm studying the wiring diagrams from Equalizer and trying to figure out the best way to wire the toggle switches in. This will be a big help....!!!!! Will be starting out with sourcing the correct switch. Think I'll go with the single pole, double throw switch, like you mentioned, but will make mine self canceling rocker switches, with l.e.d. light built in.

Once I get it built, hope to share detailed information, including pictures, showing how it was done.

Thanks

Richard J Thurston
3762 Hollywood Street
Holland, MI 49424

Home:616-399-2069
Cell:616-836-5104

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 14818
That would work but my local dealer only had toggle switches.

I basically played with the wires and after finally sorting them out installed the switches.

No difficult and you will be able to make it work for less than the cost of a control box.

If I remember, my total cost less my time was $18.00.

Good Luck

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 14819
Looking forward to a report on your switch install.
Best
Ron Hall