Skip to main content
Topic: 2007 Jayco Seneca 35GS..Rear Suspension Upgrade (Read 1229 times) previous topic - next topic

2007 Jayco Seneca 35GS..Rear Suspension Upgrade

Yahoo Message Number: 10086
My friend John Meredith has a '07 35GS with a tail draging rear suspension. Option Code is GW2, 15,000lb. suspension. What does the group feel would be the best upgrade to level out the MH.
1. Rebuild and add leafs to existing rear springs.
2. Install a Super Suspension kit or Hellwigs.
3. Install air bags.
Looking forward to your responses...........

Re: 2007 Jayco Seneca 35GS..Rear Suspension Upgrade

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 10087
I put super springs on and it help raise the back. Helwigs are good for loads. Rebuilding is also good. Several have added airbags which work but seem to have some problems with different issues

Keith

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 10090
I installed air bags. My MH came with 13,500 springs. Should of had 15,000 springs. Like the ability to adjust level with a simple button on the dash. Cheapest may be to just add another leaf to the spring pack. Next is air bags. Super Springs would be next. I was able to install air bags myself. Not sure the other options could be done by a person without special tools. All require that wheels be removed.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 10091
I installed Hellwigs, I did myself.
One day will change shocks (not myself).
Mo

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 10154
I installed the following on my 07 Seneca 35GS:

- Super Springs
- Rear Track Bar
- Koni FSD Shocks, all the way around
- Safe T Steer

The SuperSprings rose the chassis about 1.75" at the rear wheel well and 4" at the hitch. It now is level and reduced sway. I've found that my storage water tanks hold more, considering they are now level too. If you go this route, you will also need to order the spring compression jack, if you plan on the install yourself. The track bar removed almost all side to side movement. Can't really tell when a truck passes other than when I see it passing me. The Koni shocks really helped with proposing, sway and the overall ride. My coach now drives like a large SUV. I installed everything myself with the exception of the shocks.

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 10155
Air bags and a rear track bar would be my advice.

Sender: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 20:29:29 -0000
To:
ReplyTo: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: 2007 Jayco Seneca 35GS..Rear Suspension Upgrade

- Super Springs
 - Rear Track Bar
 - Safe T Steer

The SuperSprings rose the chassis about 1.75" at the rear wheel well and 4" at the hitch. It now is level and reduced sway. I've found that my storage water tanks hold more, considering they are now level too. If you go this route, you will also need to order the spring compression jack, if you plan on the install yourself. The track bar removed almost all side to side movement. Can't really tell when a truck passes other than when I see it passing me. The Koni shocks really helped with proposing, sway and the overall ride. My coach now drives like a large SUV. I installed everything myself with the exception of the shocks.

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 10156
Air bags and a rear track bar would be my advice.

Sender: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 20:29:29 -0000
To:
ReplyTo: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: 2007 Jayco Seneca 35GS..Rear Suspension Upgrade

- Super Springs
 - Rear Track Bar
 - Safe T Steer

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 10157
I made the decision to go with air bags because they are adjustable. No more sag at any load.

Charles

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 10159
Will probably go the way you went. Where did you get the work done and if you do not mind the breakdown of the cost of the upgade. Thanks in advance

As always travel safe and enjoy

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 12:29:29 PM

- Super Springs
- Rear Track Bar
- Safe T Steer

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 10160
Did all the same upgrades with same results. Had 3 places try and put springs on. CW could not and mechanic broke wrist trying. Spring could not and I called super spring and they gave me shop that could. Trac bar and shocks are easy to do yourself.

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 10161
I also would like to know the cost and if i could get the part#s of the parts you used.

gary benson

To: "KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com"
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 10:54 AM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: 2007 Jayco Seneca 35GS..Rear Suspension Upgrade

Will probably go the way you went. Where did you get the work done and if you do not mind the breakdown of the cost of the upgade. Thanks in advance

I installed the following on my 07 Seneca 35GS: - Super Springs - Rear Track Bar - Koni FSD Shocks, all the way around - Safe T Steer The SuperSprings rose the chassis about 1.75" at the rear wheel well and 4" at the hitch. It now is level and reduced sway. I've found that my storage water tanks hold more, considering they are now level too. If you go this route, you will also need to order the spring compression jack, if you plan on the install yourself. The track bar removed almost all side to side movement. Can't really tell when a truck passes other than when I see it passing me. The Koni shocks really helped with proposing, sway and the overall ride. My coach now drives like a large SUV. I installed everything myself with the exception of the shocks.
Quote from: RussH
> > My friend John Meredith has a '07 35GS with a tail draging rear suspension. Option Code is GW2, 15,000lb. suspension. What does the group feel would be the best upgrade to level out the MH. > 1. Rebuild and add leafs to existing rear springs. > 2. Install a Super Suspension kit or Hellwigs. > 3. Install air bags. > Looking forward to your responses........... >

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 10162
I found a set of SuperSprings on Amazon for about $150 less than what they sell them for elseware. I ordered the compression jack right from SuperSprings directly -- and they also shipped me some larger mounting brackets.

All other items were ordered from Henderson's Lineup. If you order all at once, ask what they can give for a discount -- perhaps free shipping or something better.

The only thing I paid to have installed was the shocks. I think it was $125/axle.

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 10163
Here is basically my part list, taken right from Henderson's Lineups site:

NOTE: On the Safe-T-Plus, be sure to ask for the "New style" U-Bolt mounting bracket. I could not get the original flat bracket to install.

The link below has the prices for each part. All in all, I think I'm around $2,000 in upgrades. I feel that each addition has been well worth it.

If you had to choose ONE thing to do, I would definitely recommend the rear track bar.

I was thinking about adding air bags, but from some comments I read was that you just get completely beat up in the rear from the stiffness.

Anyways......

http://www.hendersonslineup.com/products/motorhome-and-truck-fit-list.html

Kodiak (Jayco Seneca) C4500/5500

Sway:

• Rear Sway Bar: 1109-157
• Front Sway Bar: 1109-158
• Rear Super Springs: C4500-SSA22, C5500-SSA17
(Shocks and Trac Bars help also)

Wander:

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Stabilzer: 41-180
• Bracket Kit: (1 ¾ tie rod) G-002k3 * may need new longer U-bolt*
• Bracket Kit: (1-3/4 tie rod 04' model) S124K3
• SuperSteer Rear Trac Bar: SS500
• SuperSteer Rear Trac Bar: (26,000 GVW) SS519
• SuperSteer Front Trac Bar: TRAC-C4500/5500

Tailwag-Oversteer:

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Stabilizer: 41-180

Bounce- Porpoising:

• Koni Shocks Front: 8805-1023
• Koni Shocks Rear: 8805-1022SP1 (Loop on each end)
• Koni Shocks Rear: 8805-1002 (Stem on each end)
• Koni Shocks Rear: 90-2530 (Stem on each end, 19k springs)

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 10164
By far the most challenging installation was the SuperSprings. I did it with the wheels on and had to use some shims on the hydraulic compression tool to get it to go....after several iterations, it did. It was kind of like putting a baby crib together -- the 1st one takes 6 hours, the next one takes 20 minutes. :)

Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 10165
Thanks Thats a big help. Look forward to getting it done the first sign of SPRING.

gary benson

Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 1:25 PM

Here is basically my part list, taken right from Henderson's Lineups site:

NOTE: On the Safe-T-Plus, be sure to ask for the "New style" U-Bolt mounting bracket. I could not get the original flat bracket to install.

The link below has the prices for each part. All in all, I think I'm around $2,000 in upgrades. I feel that each addition has been well worth it.

If you had to choose ONE thing to do, I would definitely recommend the rear track bar.

I was thinking about adding air bags, but from some comments I read was that you just get completely beat up in the rear from the stiffness.

Anyways......

http://www.hendersonslineup.com/products/motorhome-and-truck-fit-list.html

Kodiak (Jayco Seneca) C4500/5500

Sway:

• Rear Sway Bar: 1109-157
• Front Sway Bar: 1109-158
• Rear Super Springs: C4500-SSA22, C5500-SSA17
(Shocks and Trac Bars help also)

Wander:

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Stabilzer: 41-180
• Bracket Kit: (1 ¾ tie rod) G-002k3 * may need new longer U-bolt*
• Bracket Kit: (1-3/4 tie rod 04' model) S124K3

Tailwag-Oversteer:

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Stabilizer: 41-180

Bounce- Porpoising:

• Koni Shocks Front: 8805-1023
• Koni Shocks Rear: 8805-1022SP1 (Loop on each end)
• Koni Shocks Rear: 8805-1002 (Stem on each end)
• Koni Shocks Rear: 90-2530 (Stem on each end, 19k springs)

--- In , gary benson  wrote:
I also would like to know the cost and if i could get the part#s of the parts you used.

gary benson

__
To: "" mailto:KodiakChassisClassC%40yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 10:54 AM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: 2007 Jayco Seneca 35GS..Rear Suspension Upgrade

Will probably go the way you went. Where did you get the work done and if you do not mind
the breakdown of the cost of the upgade. Thanks in advance

__
To:

I installed the following on my 07 Seneca 35GS:- Super Springs- Rear Track Bar- Koni FSD Shocks, all the way around- Safe T SteerThe SuperSprings rose the chassis about 1.75" at the rear wheel well and 4" at the hitch. It now is level and reduced sway. I've found that my storage water tanks hold more, considering they are now level too. If you go
this route, you will also need to order the spring compression jack, if you plan on the install yourself. The track bar removed almost all side to side movement. Can't really tell when a truck passes other than when I see it passing me. The Koni shocks really helped with proposing, sway and the overall ride. My coach now drives like a large SUV. I installed everything myself with the exception of the shocks.--- In mailto:KodiakChassisClassC%40yahoogroups.com, "RussH"  wrote:>> My friend John Meredith has a '07 35GS with a tail draging rear suspension. Option Code is GW2, 15,000lb. suspension.

What does the group feel would be the best upgrade to level out the MH.> 1. Rebuild and add leafs to existing rear springs.> 2. Install a Super Suspension kit or Hellwigs.> 3. Install air bags.> Looking forward to your responses...........>

Reply #16
Yahoo Message Number: 10166
Do you have any pictures of the install tool? And also how much do they charge for it?

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ripples55391
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 12:44 PM

By far the most challenging installation was the SuperSprings. I did it with the wheels on and had to use some shims on the hydraulic compression tool to get it to go....after several iterations, it did. It was kind of like putting a baby crib together -- the 1st one takes 6 hours, the next one takes 20 minutes. :)

Reply #17
Yahoo Message Number: 10167
I have a nother question What are the SUPER SPRINGS do the replace a spring leaf or what.

gary benson

Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 1:58 PM
Subject: RE: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: 2007 Jayco Seneca 35GS..Rear Suspension Upgrade

Do you have any pictures of the install tool? And also how much do they charge for it?

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ripples55391
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 12:44 PM