Skip to main content
Topic: trailer brake (Read 588 times) previous topic - next topic

trailer brake

Yahoo Message Number: 6312
ok in install my new trailer brake and have just a question
i found and read the article 66 and my blue wire was under the computer and fuse box under the hood no problem
but when i wired up my signal lead to the brake switch out put and you manuely activate the trailer brake it also powers up the electric brake motor. I pick up the out put signal off the brake switch which is the white wire. Seems to me i need to pick up the signal wire after the electric brake motor and relay so it dose not power the motor not that i will ever use the trailer brake by them self, but it would be nice if i had to,

Re: trailer brake

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 6313
I just read on another site that the guys are tapping into the brake relay on the passenger side fuse box inside the cab, yellow wire g7 is this correct. but will this still make the electric motor run

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 6314

I followed the steps on the 66 document yesterday actually - and do not have that problem....I'm not sure if I understood your e-mail correctly, but did you tap off of the bake control switch attached to the brake pedal, or did you tap into the wires within the harness plug located along the frame rail as mentioned in the 66 doc?

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 6315
You need to locate the light blue wire on passenger side frame rail. Should be located on inside of frame straight in from passenger side step.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 6316
i tapped in the brake switch which when the brake is depressed the white wire is fed with power that the wire i tapped into
i found the plug under the chassie but my big blue wire that goes the the hitch plug is for the trailer brakes. i did not find the the light blue wire

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 11:13:18 -0800
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] trailer brake

I followed the steps on the 66 document yesterday actually - and do not have that problem....I'm not sure if I understood your e-mail correctly, but did you tap off of the bake control switch attached to the brake pedal, or did you tap into the wires within the harness plug located along the frame rail as mentioned in the 66 doc?

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 6317
Get under your MH on passenger side by the step. Look at drive-shaft side of frame. You will see the Junction Ground Block and Chassis Harness Connector as pictured in Fig 2 on page 3 of Bulletin 66.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 6318

On our 2004 6316 - It was right above the muffler...It's not plugged into anything, it's somewhat just hanging there...I just cut the wires about an inch back from the plug, and then crimped my wires directly - and then routed back to the cab.

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 6322
ok i found the plug and used the lt blue wire and the drk blue is the trailer brake no problem.
can you guys check your trailer brakes and see if you only use the trailer control and activate it, will your electric brake motor turn on mine still dose i think this is normal, but the power must backfeed the circuit and activate the relay

Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 07:52:56 -0800
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: trailer brake

On our 2004 6316 - It was right above the muffler...It's not plugged into anything, it's somewhat just hanging there...I just cut the wires about an inch back from the plug, and then crimped my wires directly - and then routed back to the cab.

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 6326

Here's how I did it - I will double check, but I dont think I am having that problem.

For me it was:

White wire from the prodigy is the ground wire - connected to the black wire on the harness

Red wire from the prodigy is the stop signal - connected to the light blue wire on the harness

Black wire from the prodigy is the ignition wire, connected to the brown wire on the harness

Blue wire from the prodigy is the brake signal wire - Connected to the blue pigtail under the fuse box, and then also ran to the rear of the coach.

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 6327
thanks that is the same way i did it and the same controller

Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 12:25:30 -0800
Subject: RE: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: trailer brake

Here's how I did it - I will double check, but I dont think I am having that problem.

For me it was:

White wire from the prodigy is the ground wire - connected to the black wire on the harness

Red wire from the prodigy is the stop signal - connected to the light blue wire on the harness

Black wire from the prodigy is the ignition wire, connected to the brown wire on the harness

Blue wire from the prodigy is the brake signal wire - Connected to the blue pigtail under the fuse box, and then also ran to the rear of the coach.