Skip to main content
Topic: Mistery - need help solving (Read 474 times) previous topic - next topic

Mistery - need help solving

Yahoo Message Number: 4904
Hi
I need your help solving the mystery of loose screws.

Last time I put the stabilizers down, I noticed these hexa head screws loose on the bottom of the plate.
Everything works as required and I went under and looked and looked, and touched, and looked even harder, and no way can figure out where they come from.
They appeared on the front jacks only, back jacks are clean.

I am attaching 4 pix, hopefully you all can see, if not I can upload on groups.

Note, one of the jacks has 2 square little plates, they are there from day one, I thought they were welded, but not they are loose, but again, they have been sitting there for 2 years. The screws on the other hand just showed up.
I check the head/top of the jacks where they are welded/fixed to the chassis, there are similar ones there, but they are all in place and no empty wholes, oil level is good.
Maybe one of you with more of detective skills can help solving this.
thank you so much for your help.
Mo

Re: Mistery - need help solving

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 4905
On my 2007 Greyhawk 32SS I found the same thing on the two front jacks. It is the screws (plugs) that were in the jack and when they take them out to install the hydraulic hose, they just leave them where they fall...which happens to be in the round part of the "foot".

Re: Mistery - need help solving

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 4908
Well, thanks, it does make sense and I am glad it is nothing to worry about it, but I tell you.... was I thinking the worse already.... funny thing is it must have been on the top of something else and finally fell on the "foot' I am always going under the MH to check things, as mater of fact another day I found a conduit sitting on the top of the exhaust pipe, needless to say it was flat/melted on one side, good thing I inspect often, wonder if I had left there if some wires would be burnt by now, I just used tie wraps to keep it tied.

thanks again.
Mo