Skip to main content
Topic: Confounded Popping (Read 425 times) previous topic - next topic

Confounded Popping

Yahoo Message Number: 10617
Hi all,
So, I bought and installed the front leaf block inserts and that took care of the popping noise in the front suspension. For a while. It appears it has returned, and right under the driver floorboards. I made sure the grease zerks were full. Still pops, usually when moving side-side. Any advice? Do we need blocks for the rear of the leaf springs, too? What a nuisance. Thanks for your help!

Re: Confounded Popping

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 10618
The blocks did indeed fix the popping or clunking in the front curls of your front spring packs but doesn't address the rear curls in the front spring packs. I was pleased initially but as happened to you the popping in the rear curls was now audible. I still don't know just how I'm going to approach this whether it be with a track bar or different spring packs. It is very annoying when driving over a rough uneven road to listen to the racket. I have to repair this just don't know with what.
Denny

Re: Confounded Popping

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 10621
If I remember correctly the web site for the blocks originally called for 4 blocks. If anyone still has the web address you might want to check.

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Dennis Bradford
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2013 10:57 PM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Confounded Popping

The blocks did indeed fix the popping or clunking in the front curls of your front spring packs but doesn't address the rear curls in the front spring packs. I was pleased initially but as happened to you the popping in the rear curls was now audible. I still don't know just how I'm going to approach this whether it be with a track bar or different spring packs. It is very annoying when driving over a rough uneven road to listen to the racket. I have to repair this just don't know with what.
Denny

On Feb 7, 2013 4:00 PM, "Leonard Vdovec" lvdovec@...> wrote:

Hi all,

So, I bought and installed the front leaf block inserts and that took care of the popping noise in the front suspension. For a while. It appears it has returned, and right under the driver floorboards. I made sure the grease zerks were full. Still pops, usually when moving side-side. Any advice? Do we need blocks for the rear of the leaf springs, too? What a nuisance. Thanks for your help!