Skip to main content
Topic: FMCA's 87th Family Reunion & Motorhome Showcase, August 27 to 30, 20 (Read 561 times) previous topic - next topic

FMCA's 87th Family Reunion & Motorhome Showcase, August 27 to 30, 20

Yahoo Message Number: 9197
Here is another chance for Kodiak Chassis Class C Motorhomes to meet. At this rally there will be a lot of vendors, products and deals. Get to see the latest Motorhomes. There will be seminars on many RV subjects.
We plan to attend. Leaving Saturday or Sunday. No way to get all of us in same area. We will be in the 24 hour generator area. But we can make arrangements to meet a some area at the fairgrounds.
If you are not a member of FMCA yet. You can apply on their site.
https://www.fmca.com/component/fmcafamilyjoin/?view=join&Itemid=74
You can use my number as a person that recommended you. F380822.
You can attend the rally without joining. But the added cost is same as membership.
Here is a link to the rally sign up sheet.
http://www.fmca.com/conventions/indianapolis-2012/3508-family-registration-fmca-indianapolis-2012.html

Please post to this thread if you are going to attend. Should be a great time for all.

Best
Ron Hall

Re: FMCA's 87th Family Reunion & Motorhome Showcase, August 27 to 30

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 9200
We will be there, too. We are presenting 7 seminars and 2 hands-on classes as Geeks On Tour. When we aren't presenting, we are in the Information area / WiFi hotspot / Computer Help Desk area. Stop by and say hello.
We'd love to get together with the group sometime during the rally.
Travel safely,
Jim Guld

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 9202
Looks like sold out except for dry camping

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 9203
Jim
Will look you up. Hopefully with the group.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 9204
They only had 80 full hookup sites. With $180 additional cost for 30 amp hookup. I figured that I can run for 100 hours on less than 40 gallons of fuel. Just spent 5 nights dry camping with no problems.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 9205
Hi Ron,
I will check with Shari as soon as she gets back from visiting her daughter in LA, Ca. But as far as I know now I think we can make it. I will be looking forward to seeing everyone the group!
Thanks for the invite,

Larry Myers

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, June 3, 2012 11:46 AM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] FMCA's 87th Family Reunion & Motorhome Showcase, August 27 to 30, 2012

Here is another chance for Kodiak Chassis Class C Motorhomes to meet. At this rally there will be a lot of vendors, products and deals. Get to see the latest Motorhomes. There will be seminars on many RV subjects.
We plan to attend. Leaving Saturday or Sunday. No way to get all of us in same area. We will be in the 24 hour generator area. But we can make arrangements to meet a some area at the fairgrounds.
If you are not a member of FMCA yet. You can apply on their site.
https://www.fmca.com/component/fmcafamilyjoin/?view=join&Itemid=74
You can use my number as a person that recommended you. F380822.
You can attend the rally without joining. But the added cost is same as membership.
Here is a link to the rally sign up sheet.
http://www.fmca.com/conventions/indianapolis-2012/3508-family-registration-fmca-indianapolis-2012.html

Please post to this thread if you are going to attend. Should be a great time for all.

Best
Ron Hall

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 9206
Would be good to see you again.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 9215
Bettye says we will be on west coast in Washington state (:

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 9671
So far only Jim has stated that he will be there. Anyone else attending. Plan to meet Jim. May attend one of his seminars. Coming in on Sunday morning.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 9672
Hello... Hope everyone has a good time. Would like to get some travel in sometime soon soon as health permits. I have a question hope someone will give their take on. Have bad house batteries. Need to purchase, any recommends? Original 12 vote Interstates being removed. Thanks all for a great handy site.

Sender: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 23:00:19 -0000
To:
ReplyTo: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: FMCA's 87th Family Reunion & Motorhome Showcase, August 27 to 30, 2012

So far only Jim has stated that he will be there. Anyone else attending. Plan to meet Jim. May attend one of his seminars. Coming in on Sunday morning.
 Best
 Ron Hall

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 9673
Mine are from Walmart. Cheap, decent warranty and readily available from most walmarts

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

joeeveld@... wrote:

Hello... Hope everyone has a good time. Would like to get some travel in sometime soon soon as health permits. I have a question hope someone will give their take on. Have bad house batteries. Need to purchase, any recommends? Original 12 vote Interstates being removed. Thanks all for a great handy site.

To:
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: FMCA's 87th Family Reunion Motorhome Showcase, August 27 to 30, 2012

Best
 Ron Hall

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 9674
Attachments :

Ditto on Joe's recommendation. I use the Wal*Mart Marine style for their hybrid capabilities (Both starting the Generator as well as storage for boondocking). The post sizes differ slightly from the interstate so some modification may be required.

I also recommend rewiring so that the configuration ends up like this:

Balanced connection

Forcing use and charging to be balanced between the two batteries. NOTE THIS IS STILL A PARALLEL HOOK UP. NOT SERIAL.

My unit was originally in a slave configuration:

Slave configuration
    Causing one battery to do most of the work. There is an old thread on this:

"5 Minutes to 15% more battery"

On ideas I stole from Craig ;-)

Kevin

Kevin (Real) McCoy [KF5FUZ]
    ("Roscoe Ventura" Jayco Seneca HD SS 34 Diesel 2006; "Toad" Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2007)

Reply #12
    Yahoo Message Number: 9675
    Those Interstate ones are not very good. I replaced mine with top of the line golf cart batteries (6 Volt in Series) with matching length cables. Seems WAY BETTER than the Interstate house batteries I had when I got the coach new, plus I have increased amp hour rating.

Be well,

~
    Victor - KI6IM
    Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H Bunkhouse

Sent: Monday, August 20, 2012 4:26 PM
    Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: FMCA's 87th Family Reunion & Motorhome Showcase, August 27 to 30, 2012

Mine are from Walmart. Cheap, decent warranty and readily available from most walmarts

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

joeeveld@... wrote:

To:
    Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: FMCA's 87th Family Reunion Motorhome Showcase, August 27 to 30, 2012

Best
    Ron Hall

Reply #13
    Yahoo Message Number: 9676
    I just replaced my 12 volt deep-cycle Interstate batteries with a pair from Costco. So far they seem to be better than the Interstate batteries when they were new. On a full charge I can get about 3 hours of inverter use. Interstates would only get 2 hours before they needed to be recharge. Takes longer to charge the Costco's though. I have a 70 amp charger.
    Best
    Ron Hall

Reply #14
    Yahoo Message Number: 9695
    I was having issues with the coach and when the mechanic opened the battery door first thing out of his mouth was " that's part of your problem"
    pointing at the interstate batteries. He said the majority of the time he has found it's interstate batteries that go bad, he mentioned it to a interstate
    sales person and all he told him was we sell alot of them and will replace. He told me just look for the best guarantee he bought Tractor supply
    deep cell and had great luck for his RV.

Sent: Monday, August 20, 2012 7:54 PM
    Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: FMCA's 87th Family Reunion & Motorhome Showcase, August 27 to 30, 2012

I just replaced my 12 volt deep-cycle Interstate batteries with a pair from Costco. So far they seem to be better than the Interstate batteries when they were new. On a full charge I can get about 3 hours of inverter use. Interstates would only get 2 hours before they needed to be recharge. Takes longer to charge the Costco's though. I have a 70 amp charger.
    Best
    Ron Hall

Reply #15
    Yahoo Message Number: 9697
    or...golf cart batteries. You can get more Amp Hours in the same size battery - and you can go to two 6 volt batteries in series which is what I did. I think I got Trojan Batteries?

Be well,

~
    Victor - KI6IM
    Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H Bunkhouse

To: "KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com"
    Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 9:19 AM
    Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: FMCA's 87th Family Reunion & Motorhome Showcase, August 27 to 30, 2012

I was having issues with the coach and when the mechanic opened the battery door first thing out of his mouth was " that's part of your problem"
    pointing at the interstate batteries. He said the majority of the time he has found it's interstate batteries that go bad, he mentioned it to a interstate
    sales person and all he told him was we sell alot of them and will replace. He told me just look for the best guarantee he bought Tractor supply
    deep cell and had great luck for his RV.

Sent: Monday, August 20, 2012 7:54 PM

Best
    Ron Hall