Skip to main content
Topic: Mysterious Water Pump Cycle (Read 442 times) previous topic - next topic

Mysterious Water Pump Cycle

Yahoo Message Number: 5097
Sandy and I are doing a lot of dry camping in the national forest. We helped a buddy out looking for property in Bend Oregon . Since then we have been slowly moving south staying in campgrounds in Deschutes, Modoc, & Lassen National Forests .
Well in Modoc I awoke one morning to a surprise cycle of the water pump. I know what that means - there is a leak someplace. Sherlock and I go in search of. Finally I find a loose fitting on one of the Hot Water Tank feeds - the fresh water gozinta. Ah ha - a drip!

The offending connection
I can't say for certain, but I suspect this was also related to the fact that we were in LP gas mode on the water heater. That seems to generate a lot more heat and water pressure, and I have notice since that there is some water escaping from the pressure relief valve on the water heater when in LP mode.
We are now in Reno getting some city time, restocking, and focusing on yet another Toad issue. This seems to be my year of the Toad...
As usual suggestions welcome.
Kevin (Real) McCoy [KF5FUZ / WQJE447]
("Roscoe Ventura" Jayco Seneca HD SS 34 Diesel 2006; "Toad" Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2007)

Re: Mysterious Water Pump Cycle

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 5340
Kevin: I had the same exact leak in my 35GS after the 2nd year of ownership. After tightening the water inlet to the W/H,the leak stopped. It did soak the bedroom carpet though. 2 years later I have detected a 'soft' spot at the foot of the bed in the bedroom. Is this 'soft' spot a result of the leak? I will advise shortly.......russ