Skip to main content
Topic: Headlight trim (Read 468 times) previous topic - next topic

Headlight trim

Yahoo Message Number: 5104
Does anyone have the part numbers for the headlight trim...paint is pealing off and would like to replace them...look like paint over platic chrome job...if not, has anyone tried a refinish job?

Tks, Dave

Re: Headlight trim

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 5105
Dave, I repainted headlight trim & grill on a MDT Freightliner with good results. After removing the trim pieces, I sanded then to remove the loose paint and whethered plastic. When you choose your spray paint, don't go cheap--Choose a "plastic" paint for outdoor furniture, or one of the newer "universal" paints for multi surfaces, including plastic (I got mine from Lowes). Also, it's best to choose a spray can with a fan spray nozzle.

George

Re: Headlight trim

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 5106
You might want to consider having them powder coated. There are several companies that can powder coat plastic and is more durable against abrasion and exposure to UV.

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sun, August 15, 2010 7:47:16 PM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Headlight trim

Dave, I repainted headlight trim & grill on a MDT Freightliner with good results. After removing the trim pieces, I sanded then to remove the loose paint and whethered plastic. When you choose your spray paint, don't go cheap--Choose a "plastic" paint for outdoor furniture, or one of the newer "universal" paints for multi surfaces, including plastic (I got mine from Lowes). Also, it's best to choose a spray can with a fan spray nozzle.

George