Skip to main content
Topic: Rear rock/splash guards... Rock Solid Slats or the IBC Slash Guard S (Read 653 times) previous topic - next topic

Rear rock/splash guards... Rock Solid Slats or the IBC Slash Guard S

Yahoo Message Number: 11191
OPINIONS WANTED!!!
Which of these two items do you use OR would prefer to have and use.

The IBC Splash Guard Skirt or the

Rock Solid Splash Guard slat type,
I do not want the full solid style.

Please help me decide between the two, last time I towed my trailer it was a mess in the drizzley Oregon coast weather and coming from the sand too.

Thanks Kev

Re: Rear rock/splash guards... Rock Solid Slats or the IBC Slash Gua

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 11192
Oops, should have mentioned the
Rock Solid Guards the slats are rubber and about 2 inches wide.
The IBC Splash Guard Skirt looks like a mustache on the back of the
motorhome.
I want to get the one that will offer good/best protection and least wind resistance I am leaning towards The IBC skirt, cost is cheaper and less weight, but if it is not effective will go with the Rock Solid Slats.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 11193
I vote for Rock Solid. I think I put a photo of mine after installation in the photo files.

Our first MH, 34 Class A gasser has the grass skirt style and IMO it was not very effective.

Don

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 11195
I have the slat type on mine. It helps but not sure how much.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 11196
Good to get user comments, will go with the Rock Solid slats, have to measure I guess, should have asked... no biggy it is out front.
Tomorrow CW has an extra 10% off coupon and know what I'll buy!
Thanks, Kev

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 11201
Greg and Group:
A few years ago we stayed at a RV park in Sparks, NV. A nice Phaeton was having his windshield replaced due to rocks on the Alaska highway. He had just returned from Anchorage and had many cracks in his windshield. He started out the trip with a expensive mudflap but it did not prove to be effective in stopping debris from damaging his toad. He then purchased a Protect-A-Tow and said he loved it. It protected his toad whereas the mudflap was not as effective.

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 11206
I would have one of those in addition to the Rock Solid slats if it were a toad.
What I am towing is a flat bed trailer with off-road toys so not quite as much need for that thorough of protection.
Probably that day will come too.