Skip to main content
Topic: tires (Read 427 times) previous topic - next topic

tires

Yahoo Message Number: 9535
Well it is time for some new tires
I have 14996 miles on my rig and the Michelin are like brand new but the out sides are all cracked and time to replace.
i have been looking at some tires , but just cant seem to want to spend 4-5 hundred a tire since i just dont use it all the time 06 with less than 15k on them.
I did see you can get a discount if you have a FMCA account , seems to be a good price for them but still 375-400 a tire.
I did find a tire shop local and they said they would recommend Durun brand tires at 225 each. They sell them all the time for trucks kodiaks and c5500 tow rigs they are a ribed tire and 14ply nice tread design good side wall radial tire highway tread ect. Anyone have any luck or heard of them. Just cant seem to justify Goodyear, Firestone or Michelin for something we dont use that often

Re: tires

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 9536
When I was looking at tires a few months ago, I asked the shop about some of the cheaper tires. They told me that they are good for city driving on delivery trucks and tow trucks, but the ride is horrible and they will not last as long as a better tire would. I put Michelins on my Seneca and they were $365 per tire. Have you tried a heavy truck shop for the tires? The shop I dealt handles 18 wheelers on down to a minimum of a 5500 series truck.

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of d lemon
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 8:45 AM
To: kodiakchassisclassc@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] tires

Well it is time for some new tires
I have 14996 miles on my rig and the Michelin are like brand new but the out sides are all cracked and time to replace.
i have been looking at some tires , but just cant seem to want to spend 4-5 hundred a tire since i just dont use it all the time 06 with less than 15k on them.
I did see you can get a discount if you have a FMCA account , seems to be a good price for them but still 375-400 a tire.
I did find a tire shop local and they said they would recommend Durun brand tires at 225 each. They sell them all the time for trucks kodiaks and c5500 tow rigs they are a ribed tire and 14ply nice tread design good side wall radial tire highway tread ect. Anyone have any luck or heard of them. Just cant seem to justify Goodyear, Firestone or Michelin for something we dont use that often

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 9539
I had the same thing happen to my Michelin. I went to a local truck tire shop (owned by Michelin). They prorated the tires and advised me to go with BFG. BFG's are made by Michelin. Most RV tires go out of date and do not wear out. Total cost was less than $800 for all 6 tires and they had a better load rating.

I should note that an independent Michelin dealer had told me Michelin would not warrantee the tires.

Dan

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 9541
well got off the phone with Michelin they said i am out of warranty due to the age of the tires
my in service date of the rig was 07/09/06 they will only warrent them for 5 years i wish i would of known this as this started last year but i never did use it until now. Bummer my local tire shop did say he can get me some copper tires for 235 plus install

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 9542

Take a look at Toyos. I replaced the OEM Michelens that were going on 7 years and pretty well weathered. Reviews of the Toyos are very favorable and rank high. For our rigs the 143s are H rated. Give them a look.
Denny