Skip to main content
Topic: Gizmo that charges coach and chassis batteries (Read 421 times) previous topic - next topic

Gizmo that charges coach and chassis batteries

Yahoo Message Number: 9545
As Don had asked last week here is the info about the "battery isolation manager" that allows our converter to charge the chassis batteries when on shore power.

This is the link to the paperwork that came with our 2008 SENECA. I knew I hadn't lost it "yet"....

http://www.precisioncircuitsinc.com/Documents/PDF%20Documents/0010021000BatteryIsolationManagerRevD.pdf

PS: Don you will get this twice since I sent it to you using my regular "E" mail account that is not registered for the group..

Re: Gizmo that charges coach and chassis batteries

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 9546
Yes, and I replied but I'm watching the Olympic opening ceremonies (actually pretty good) and forgot to send to group.

I wonder if the 2007 Seneca had this device? Sure was not on the 2007 Greyhawk on Kodiak - or at least not that I was aware. Unless I disconnected the battery when connected to shore power it would lose power over a couple of weeks.

Anyone else have this device?

Wonder what it costs? IMO it should be on all MHs.

Don

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 9547
I can't find anything about cost. Probably the only way to find that would be to "E" mail them. Since there is a gen connection I wonder if it is needed as a part of the "AUTO START".

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Don Leslie
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2012 5:09 PM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Gizmo that charges coach and chassis batteries

Yes, and I replied but I'm watching the Olympic opening ceremonies (actually pretty good) and forgot to send to group.

I wonder if the 2007 Seneca had this device? Sure was not on the 2007 Greyhawk on Kodiak - or at least not that I was aware. Unless I disconnected the battery when connected to shore power it would lose power over a couple of weeks.

Don

On 2012-07-27, at 4:46 PM, David Sparke wrote:

As Don had asked last week here is the info about the "battery isolation manager" that allows our converter to charge the chassis batteries when on shore power.

This is the link to the paperwork that came with our 2008 SENECA. I knew I hadn't lost it "yet"....

http://www.precisioncircuitsinc.com/Documents/PDF%20Documents/0010021000BatteryIsolationManagerRevD.pdf

PS: Don you will get this twice since I sent it to you using my regular "E" mail account that is not registered for the group..

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 9569
I have a 2009 do these also not autmatically charge with shore power?

I thought they did.

Dave

Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 17:08:53 -0400
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Gizmo that charges coach and chassis batteries

Don

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 9571
It should. Look by the coach batteries and you should see this. (the 225 amp)

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of David Chilson
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2012 11:30 AM
To: kodiakchassisclassc@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [KodiakChassisClassC] Gizmo that charges coach and chassis batteries

I have a 2009 do these also not autmatically charge with shore power?

I thought they did.

Dave

center
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 17:08:53 -0400

Don

On 2012-07-27, at 4:46 PM, David Sparke wrote: