Skip to main content
Topic: Need new tires (Read 2067 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Need new tires

Reply #25
Yahoo Message Number: 8674
I got it figured out. Neither switch would make the generator do anything. I called my dad who I got the motorhome from, and he told me he took it to Oman last year for the same problem. They said it had a bad ground between the Gen and the batteries. They installed a new ground cable. I used my jump box and hooked it to the Gen and it started right up and ran fine until I unhooked the ground lead. I went to clean the ground terminals at the battery and the lug pulled off of the lead that onan built. They used a 1/0 lug on both sides of the 2/0 battery cable. Gonna go to the parts house tomorrow and get the right lugs crimped on, then all should be good.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

Should Be ... Onan Generator Fix

Reply #27
Yahoo Message Number: 8684
When I read you initial post I thought it was the Generator housed circuit breaker for sure.

Thanks for posting the real cause.

Kevin KF5FUZ

Kevin (Real) McCoy [KF5FUZ / WQJE447]
("Roscoe Ventura" Jayco Seneca HD SS 34 Diesel 2006; "Toad" Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2007)

Reply #28
Yahoo Message Number: 10365
David,

The subject line caught my eye and your original question is exactly what I am facing now. How are the G647's holding up? What size did you end up getting?

Any other suggestions from the group? Also, is CW the best bet for prices?

Thanks,

Rob

F/W 34H

Reply #29
Yahoo Message Number: 10366
I also put G647's on my MH. Put them on front. Couldn't be happier. They ride good and no noise from the more aggressive tread. Plus like David said they are rated G instead of F.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #30
Yahoo Message Number: 10373
I replaced rear tires the year before. Got 4 G670RV tires for less than I paid for the 2 front tires. So I kept them on the rear. Fronts were still the original 225 tires. No more RV tires for me. All the Seneca's 35+' have road tires instead of RV tires.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #31
Yahoo Message Number: 10380
Ron,

So to clarify, you(still) have G670's in the rear and G 647 in the front?

Rob

Reply #33
Yahoo Message Number: 10383
Thanks. Looks like I will have the same set up for awhile. Any reason not to put the G647's on the rear?

Reply #34
Yahoo Message Number: 10387
Nope, will put some on the back when I need tires back there.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #35
Yahoo Message Number: 10432
Put a set of G 647's on the front just before our 800 mile ski trip last week. Glad I had them as weencounteredsome snowy roads. However, annoying pull to the right the whole way there and back. Got the guys to rotate the tires today. Hopefully that will take care of it, or back to Goodyear.

Reply #36
Yahoo Message Number: 12250
I changed the Michs out with the Toyo M143s a year ago. My tires are H rated so can inflate to 120 psi but no need. I inflate to 95 psi. I also had Counteract Balancing Beads put into each tire when they were mounted. I couldn't be happier with the change. Very smooth and quiet. They show no wear after 8k so expect to get great service.
Denny