Skip to main content
Topic: Generator manuals (Read 377 times) previous topic - next topic

Generator manuals

Yahoo Message Number: 6147
Looks like the PDF from Wyatt for the generator manual was for the gas 5500. My wife tried to shrink the file so it could be added to our file section but it is locked (no surprise). I can compress it some with freeware utilities, but likely not enough to make a difference and then it would take the same utility to read the file.

I purchased the download for the 5500 Quiet diesel service manual today. That's 3.7Mb and it did download to the file section so that's there if anyone needs it. I was disappointed as I specifically wanted to know what was required for the 'injector service' at 1000 hours, but the manual just refers you to another manual that covers fuel injectors and glow plugs. I have to pull my genny as the oil filler tube is ruptured which I understand is fairly common. Mine is rubber and I understand the replacements are braided steel and will do the 1000 hr service at the same time.

Has anyone converted their genny to a slideout? Looks I have the room if I use a side mount slide mechanism. If I have to remove it for the 1000 hr service and the oil fill tube, may as well do the slide mechanism at the same time.

Greg
MN