Skip to main content
Topic: 2005 Gilf Stream Conquest Super-C slideout adjustment question (Read 471 times) previous topic - next topic

2005 Gilf Stream Conquest Super-C slideout adjustment question

Yahoo Message Number: 6544
We purchased our Conquest last fall and I was looking it over yesterday for our first outing this year. I noticed that the bottom of the slideout it kicked out about an inch, where the top is flush against the body. I tried a retract, but it settled into the same position.

Has anyone had this issue? I assume it's just an adjustment issue.

Thanks,

Ken

Re: 2005 Gilf Stream Conquest Super-C slideout adjustment question

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 6545
I will try to explain the adjustment.
Looking up under slide with it extended. The center rod has a set of nuts and a longer tube threaded to end of cylinder shaft. Adjusting position of threaded tube will control how far bottom of slide will retract. Thread tube out amount needed to pull bottom in tight to side of MH.
I needed to adjust how far my slide comes out to make seals contact wall when slide is extended. Adjusting outer nuts made this adjustment. Then adjust threaded tube to make slide pull all the way in when retracted.
While you are under this area. Put some slide lube on the other 2 tubes that are under slide. Use slide lube sold at Wal-Mart or Camping World.
Best
Ron Hall

Re: 2005 Gilf Stream Conquest Super-C slideout adjustment question

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 6553
Thanks so much Ron!

Once I got the house battery connected and brought the slide out, the adjustment was a 5 minute job. I also made sure I lubed the slides and cylinder while I was under there.

Ken