Skip to main content
Topic: Tire rotation (Read 560 times) previous topic - next topic

Tire rotation

Yahoo Message Number: 6685
Hi all

I am just curious how are the tires rotate on the MH.
Since we have six and the front wheels are different how is that done, do we need to have tire mounted on different wheels, it seems to me a lot of work.
Also one of the valve cores had a bent "pin"/"stem" so I tried to replace it, so I got valve cores and when I pulled the old one out no air leaked, I was told that air would come out just like on cars, also the core has a long stick/stem inside so I was not sure I could just use the new cores since they were short.
Of course when I went to auto store they said everything is universal but I start to think "not".
Where do I find more info?
Thank you all, as always this group is great help.

Ps: by the way I used plastic on top of the carpet during last trip, it took me less than 5 min to spread and it worked wonders.
Tks again
Mo

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

Re: Tire rotation

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 6686
No need to rotate tires. But if you want to. You can rotate side to side. If you have aluminum wheels and have not found out yet the inner tire is mounted on a steel wheel on the rear. All aluminum wheels are the same. Just dirty on the inside. If all steel wheels. All wheels are the same.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 6687
Thank you Ron.
I can leave it alone.

Still puzzled why no air came out when I pulled the valve core.
Thanks
Mo
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

Sender: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 14:06:29 -0000
To:
ReplyTo: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Tire rotation

No need to rotate tires. But if you want to. You can rotate side to side. If you have aluminum wheels and have not found out yet the inner tire is mounted on a steel wheel on the rear. All aluminum wheels are the same. Just dirty on the inside. If all steel wheels. All wheels are the same.
 Best
 Ron Hall

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 6688
Rotation: I have kind of come to the conclusion that if your tires are wearing evenly - then don't fix what is not broken. IF you are having uneven wear then this is what Michelin recommends for RVs:.