Skip to main content
Topic: Equalizer Leveler Problem (Read 477 times) previous topic - next topic

Equalizer Leveler Problem

Yahoo Message Number: 6693
I'm in the process of readying my 05 GS 6316 for the season. It has the Equalizer Hydraulic system for the slide & levelers. The slide works fine. The levelers do not.

The power button illuminates when pressed, but when I press any of the arrow buttons to energize a jack, I hear a relay click on the controller, but nothing else happens. The pump doesn't run.

I removed the control panel and found the fuse good, but there is a blinking green LED on the upper board.

Does anyone know what that means or have an idea of what is going on.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Charles

Re: Equalizer Leveler Problem

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 6694
Call equalizer..customer service was great for me to diagnose and fix. The repair shop was useless.

Charlie clmdjones@...> wrote:

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 6696

I recently called support at equalizer for my jacks and they will walk you through troubleshooting. They will have you check the voltages at the battery as the system is voltage sensitive. It will not work if the minimum voltage is not present. They also will instruct you to check the voltage at the solenoid and check for proper ground. My solenoid was grounded to the pump body and I was told the recommended grounding should be to the chassis, and the tech stated the manufactures take this short cut often. My unit is Four Winds. The bad news is any parts must come directly from equalizer, they are the only source. I would think you might be able to match up a solenoid if it is the problem. You could try jumping the solenoid to bypass it and see if the pump runs.
My problem was not electrical after all, but a blown o-ring on the extension valve. This allowed fluid to continually pump the jacks down, and they went to full extension (all 6 wheels off the ground) without the ability to even use the manual retraction method. There is no rebuild kit (o-rings) for the valves, only replacement valves. I headed down to NAPA and found a close match which has been working so far. I carry extra o-rings, but they are different sizes as the valves are a tapered unit with several o-rings on each valve.

Roger

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 6703
Thanks for the help.

Called Equalizer; followed their troubleshooting. Turned out to be a bad connection at the pump. Got it working again.

Charles